BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Show Stopping Bug Red 5 Vegas 11

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Glass OnionShow Stopping Bug Red 5 Vegas 11
by on Jan 16, 2012 at 6:39:42 pm

Vegas 11 does not work with Boris Red. The Field order is incorrect and unable to be set. This show stopping bug has been in Red since its release and has persisted even after multiple updates to Red.

Just giving an update to all those who are using Red and Vegas or thinking about buying Red to use in Vegas. It simply does not work in Vegas if rendering out of Vegas. I've written Boris Fx twice and they do not respond. I will soon be asking for a refund because this type of error is not what I expected from a professional FX team.

Return to posts index

Boris YamnitskyRe: Show Stopping Bug Red 5 Vegas 11
by on Jan 16, 2012 at 7:54:51 pm

Dear Glass Onion,

For the record, your case is logged in our support database and the problem is reproduced and being worked on. The fix is slated for the next update of RED for windows platform. You should have received an official notification from our Support team with your Support Case Number. (Please see if for some reason that notification was spam-filtered in your email).

I sincerely apologize for inconvenience.

Boris Yamnitsky

Return to posts index

Peter HonigRe: Show Stopping Bug Red 5 Vegas 11
by on Jan 16, 2012 at 9:43:17 pm

Dear Boris,

I am very pleased to hear that your developers are working on this issue. Like Glass Onion, I too believe that this is a "show stopper" error. In fact, through all the years that I have been using Red with Vegas, I have never seen a bug as significant as this. As such, I would greatly appreciate if you could give this issue your personal attention by having your people raise the priority of this bug fix to the highest level.

I have always felt that Boris Red is one of the finest products on the market and it is an essential part of all my post-production work. I look forward to seeing this issue resolved where I can use Red in all my projects again.

Sincerely yours,
Peter Honig

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved