BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC Extrude Text

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bastian KrügerBCC Extrude Text
by on Jan 16, 2012 at 12:16:58 pm

Hi everyone!

When I try to put a text on my video track, the following thing happens:
I put the BCC Extrude Text effect direct on the video track. Then, I open the effect editor, push Text Window, type my text and close it. Now the text is on the video track, but with a black background (no more video to see).
Anybody an idea?

System: Avid MC 5.0

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: BCC Extrude Text
by on Jan 18, 2012 at 3:14:47 pm

I suspect what is happening is that the background in the filter is set to none. You can change this by going into the BCC Extruded Text filter General Controls group (in the Effect Editor) and setting the Background pop-up to Filter Layer.

I hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Bastian KrügerRe: BCC Extrude Text
by on Jan 18, 2012 at 3:55:31 pm

Hi Peter!

Thanks for your information! That works! (Don't know, why I diddn't see that control in the effect mode).

There's still another problem. After linking that effect with the BCC Match Move effect (so that the text follows a tracked point), there is the same problem (with that black background) again. The text follows the tracker, but with a black background.
There is a good video (explaining that effect) on the internet with BCC and Match Move on Sony Vegas (with BCC Extruded Text). Okay, I work on Avid Systems, but whatever, it should work... but when I do the same way, there is the black background again. That is the same, when I replace the BCC Extruded Text with the BCC Lightning (I want a lightning to follow a tracker).
I think it should work, but perhaps it does not work with BCC Match Move....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved