BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Good God!! Are you ever going to release Red for CS5.5 Mac?!?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cliff Stephenson
Good God!! Are you ever going to release Red for CS5.5 Mac?!?
on Jan 16, 2012 at 11:27:26 am

It's been over a month now since Peter teased that Red for Adobe Premiere CS5.5 on Mac would FINALLY be seeing a release and in that month, not another peep. I know there have been beta testers testifying how wonderful this release is, but paying customers on a Mac have been treated with indifference and, quite frankly, ignored. I talked with support at Boris about a week ago and they knew nothing about the "impending" release. My patience with Boris is wearing ever thinner. I've got a project airing on Starz in the next couple of weeks and I really thought I could depend on Boris to come through and deliver. Instead, Boris FX remains bloatware in my system. I've paid for it, but overall it has no functionality and serves no purpose.

Return to posts index

Boris Yamnitsky
Re: Good God!! Are you ever going to release Red for CS5.5 Mac?!?
on Jan 16, 2012 at 4:33:30 pm

Dear Cliff,

Please accept my apology for a delay in public release of 64 bit Mac Premiere support. I'm sure you've heard from our beta team that we've made a great progress and the release is imminent, perhaps as early as next week. I regret that you and perhaps other customers are affected by the delay but rest assured that our team is doing everything possible to bring the product to market. I will update this thread as soon as the release is posted on our web site.

Thanks for your understanding,

Boris Yamnitsky
BorisFX

Return to posts index

Davide Barducci
on Jan 21, 2012 at 6:05:08 pm

Hi,
Have you got any news about RED5 Release for Adobe suite 5.5 under MAC?
Thanks
Best Regards
DB

Return to posts index

Boris Yamnitsky
on Jan 22, 2012 at 11:50:21 am

Unfortunately, I do not have a good news yet. We were hoping to post an update this week but discovered another last minute show stopper. The project is on the front burner. Thanks for your patience and sorry for another delay.

Boris Yamnitsky
BorisFX

Return to posts index

Boris Yamnitsky
on Feb 6, 2012 at 2:56:50 pm

RED 5.1.2 for Premiere 5.5 is all set to go, at long last.

http://www.borisfx.com/updates/#null

Boris Yamnitsky
BorisFX

Return to posts index

Davide Barducci
on Feb 26, 2012 at 11:01:49 am

Hi,
Yes, finally i downloaded the update ;-)...
But I had a bad surprise...
I have a Big Big problem with this... in transitions section...

I waited to post this because I tried before various solutions without results....

Simply the problem is a change of shadows brightness during transition!...
When I apply a Boris RED transition between 2 clips the dark areas of clips are as "illuminated"... as the contrast is reduced... with a bad visual effect at the start/end of transition (image change)

Ii tried with various transitions and also tried to change various parameters on preprocessor section in RED composition but without results...

I hope that you can help me because, having waited so long, in this manner the RED 5 transitions are unusable...!!!

Best regards
DB

Return to posts index

Cliff Stephenson
on Feb 26, 2012 at 4:12:20 pm

I've noticed that too. When you reach the transition, overall levels are increased and there is a noticeable bump where blacks become grey and it looks just awful. This is particularly noticeable because a lot of my transitions are into or out of scope film clips, so the black borders top and bottom immediately flash grey on the first frame of any Red transition and return to the proper black levels once you've passed the transition.

I've also tried playing around with the keyframes, but even setting opacity to 0 results in what I can only describe as a gamma shift. Hopefully this is a fix I'm not aware of or, if not, it gets fixed soon because I can't really use Red like I was hoping to.

Return to posts index

Davide Barducci
on Feb 26, 2012 at 5:12:32 pm

I discovered a strange thing just in these hours...! and if it work for you too will be a good workaround...

I don't know if you apply the transition in "Template Mode" but I used this mode...
So if I apply the transition in Template mode, after this, also if I try to edit composition to adjust parameters the problem still happen...

BUT If I apply the transition in "Advanced Mode" (the mode selection is in the lower-left area of Library window in RED), there is not the problem!!!
So, select Avanced mode -> select the transition -> click on "insert Effect" button (small white cross on red rectagle under preview in library windows) -> after that effects composition appeared on the RED timeline click on Apply in the RED main window (lower-right area).

I hope this workaround works for you too, and I hope also that this bug will be fixed...

Best Regards
DB

PS
But the "ripple" transitions has been deleted / lost in this version?

Return to posts index

Boris Yamnitsky
on Feb 27, 2012 at 10:01:25 am

This is definitely something our tech support will be able to help you with. Please call 888-77-BORIS for assistance. In our lab Boris RED transitions in Premier look awesome!

Boris Yamnitsky
BorisFX

Return to posts index

Tom Daigon
on Feb 29, 2012 at 10:43:51 pm

No problems like this on my system as well :D

Tom Daigon
Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
Mac Pro 3,1
8 core
Nvidia Quadro 4000
24 gigs ram
Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
Kona 3

Return to posts index