BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris 7 on Sony Vegas Pro 11 build 511: Animated Key frames not saving new value when moved on BCC timeline

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Kosior
Boris 7 on Sony Vegas Pro 11 build 511: Animated Key frames not saving new value when moved on BCC timeline
on Jan 14, 2012 at 2:28:25 am

I thought I was losing my mind because it took me some time to realize what was happening. I kept thinking "I thought I fixed that". Turns out I'm having an issue when moving animated Key frames on the BCC Control timeline not saving the new values when the project is saved... I would appreciate it if someone could follow the steps below and let me know if you are seeing the same issue or maybe tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thanks in advance Steve

Add and Empty Event to the time line

Add BCC Extruded Text to the empty event.

From the Extruded Text properties Launch the Text Window and add any text.

Open Transformations and turn on Animate for Orientation X (or any animated property setting)

Place the current Frame at 1 second on the BCC control timeline.

Change the Orientation X setting to any value to add a key frame.

Move the key frame from 1 second to 2 seconds.

Save and exit the project.

Reopen the project and check the location of the key frame... If you are seeing the problem I'm having the Key frame will be at 1 second and not 2 seconds.

This issue doesn't seem to be limited to BCC Extruded Text or a particular animated property. I've seen it with multiple BCC controls when using Animate and trying to move Key frames on the timeline.

Return to posts index

Tom Vance
Re: Boris 7 on Sony Vegas Pro 11 build 511: Animated Key frames not saving new value when moved on BCC timeline
on Jan 16, 2012 at 2:18:14 am

This is a known issue in Vegas 11 build 511. I have the same problem and yes, it is frustrating.

Possible workaround is to set the project framerate to double your normal framerate and save the project with that setting.

Return to posts index

Paul James Chatman
Re: Boris 7 on Sony Vegas Pro 11 build 511: Animated Key frames not saving new value when moved on BCC timeline
on Mar 6, 2012 at 9:11:04 am

It hasn't been fixed in b521 either. errrg. And I have used MANY keyframes values using the BCC Adv Flares, only to come back and see all those keyframes pushed to the first part of the controls timeline, or only the first few keyframes present and the rest...just gone. I have resorted to duplicatingn the effect in RED5, saving the settings and importing them into Vegas pro.

hello

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]