BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Glaring Boris Red 5 Oversight: Field Order

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Glass OnionGlaring Boris Red 5 Oversight: Field Order
by on Jan 10, 2012 at 6:01:44 pm

Spent a lot of money on Boris 5 to use with vegas and the field order problem makes it not useable. How is this glaring problem oversight even allowed to exist? Who is working at Red? Anyone? Are they professional? Why is this oversight here for so long? Does anyone even care?

I'm seriously upset that I can't used a paid software product since day one of its purchase. Is a refund the only course of action left? Class action law suit?

Boris Red 5 is advertised to work within vegas and it does not. In fact it never has.

The fact that this problem has been here so long and no one even mentions it makes me think no one uses the software and that Boris FX software company is a SCAM!

I will talk to my attorney and find out what my rights are as a software consumer.

Return to posts index

Peter HonigRe: Glaring Boris Red 5 Oversight: Field Order
by on Jan 11, 2012 at 10:47:49 pm

Before you get your knickers in a twist, you should know that the Boris folks have always been very responsive when it comes to important bug fixes. If you rather throw in the towel and find some other product, that is certainly your choice. I prefer to wait.

Peter

Return to posts index

Glass OnionRe: Glaring Boris Red 5 Oversight: Field Order
by on Jan 12, 2012 at 5:10:41 pm

Yeah you are flipping this one on me? It is a blatant lie that this product works with vegas. That is a fact. It is a glaring oversight completely on the shoulders of the Boris FX Dev Team. It is a FACT they have ignored my direct contact with them despite what you claim about their response time. I am a paying customers and there are LAWS that prevent vendors from lying about their products. Boris Red 5 does not work with vegas if you render out of vegas. It has been like that since it's release. No one noticed but me?

You are shooting the messenger a consumer advocate. I am left to think you are friends or affiliated with Boris so you give them a pass and put blame on me. Unacceptable.

I have a family to feed and the last few projects have suffered because my paid for effects package never worked from the outset. You have to be kidding me about my knickers. You are lucky I don't tell you what to do or not to do.

Return to posts index

Peter HonigRe: Glaring Boris Red 5 Oversight: Field Order
by on Jan 12, 2012 at 5:26:49 pm

No, I'm not flipping on you, I am quite unhappy about this bug as well. I just wish to point out that you first posted about this on Friday Jan 6, then followed up with this thread on Tuesday Jan 10. I just don't think it is very realistic to expect a fix in just two business days.

To expedite the correction of the bug I would suggest calmly writing an email or a post to Boris Yamnitsky (the president of the company) to request a rapid fix because this is affecting your income. If you wish, I will do the same. I believe in the old saying that you "catch more flies with honey than vinegar".

Peter

Return to posts index

Glass OnionRe: Glaring Boris Red 5 Oversight: Field Order
by on Jan 13, 2012 at 5:35:44 am

Hey, you have a point about flies I can't argue with. I wish the best for all.

but...

This problem is too BIG to even consider as acceptable or excusable. Field Order is a very basic concept and should have been checked and rechecked. The fix should be top priority post haste.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]