BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris Red 5 Field Order?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Glass OnionBoris Red 5 Field Order?
by on Jan 6, 2012 at 5:31:53 am

Hi all, Happy New Year!

I have big problems using Vegas 11 and Boris Red 5. I am using the Black & White Filter from Boris and rendering in Vegas 11. The render comes out showing the typical signs of incorrect field order with blur. I can not select the field order in Boris because the field order selection in the project settings of Boris is gone when using it as a plug. It was there in Boris 4. How do we select field order in Boris 5 when using Boris as a plug in Vegas 11?

This happens no matter what filter is used from Boris 5. The render comes out perfect when I use Magic Bullet or New Blue and render out from Vegas. It only happens with Boris 5.

Return to posts index

Peter HonigRe: Boris Red 5 Field Order?
by on Jan 6, 2012 at 7:52:31 pm

I was just about to post on this topic as well. I have the identical problem with VegasPro 10e, and have boiled the issue down to the simplest example. Namely, send ANY (LFF or UFF) interlaced clip via Vegas to RED5 where the RED5 project contains nothing other than the media V1. By repeatedly activating/bypassing the RED FX within Vegas, one can easily see that the interlacing is incorrectly returned from RED. Specifically, it looks as if RED has used one field from one frame and the other field from a DIFFERENT frame (either next or previous). As such, RED is only usable for me when I have non-interlaced projects.

Note that resolution was set to "high" and "full" in Vegas per the user manual and this problem exists in both the 32 and 64 bit versions on both Win7 and Vista. It is 100% reproducible.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Boris Red 5 Field Order?
by on Jan 6, 2012 at 9:12:38 pm

Hi Guys,

Thanks for bring this to our attention - I'm sending this on to engineering who hopefully will provide a solution for the problem.

Return to posts index

Glass OnionRe: Boris Red 5 Field Order?
by on Jan 6, 2012 at 10:52:10 pm

Wonderful, Red is so awesome but this problem is making it not useable.
I was able to let the field order problem slide for quick transitions because no one notices it but me. When Red is used as a filter for an entire clip the problem is unacceptable to even casual viewers.

The field order selection box is missing from the project properties dialogue. The preferences dialogue box has it but it has no affect on this problem at all because it is for exporting from Boris directly and not through Vegas.

God speed with this fix and thank you for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved