BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Pivot Crosshair in BCC8 AVX

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sef RutjensPivot Crosshair in BCC8 AVX
by on Jan 2, 2012 at 1:19:54 pm

I'm in exploring BCC8 AVX. I miss somehow the Pivot crosses in the Effect Editor.
Are they removed from BCC8, or did I really miss the way how to show the Pivor crosses?

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Pivot Crosshair in BCC8 AVX
by on Jan 3, 2012 at 2:21:41 pm

HI,

The Pivot on-screen UI crosshair control widget should be available. You need to make sure that the Standard UI Widgets button is enabled - this is the button at the top right of the effects controls window. The button below that disables the on-screen UI controls.

I hope this helps.

Peter.

Return to posts index

Sef RutjensRe: Pivot Crosshair in BCC8 AVX
by on Jan 4, 2012 at 8:14:05 am

It seems to be a bug in BCC AVX 8.0.1 Plugin
The buttons are there but clicking on them does not change the pivot controls (visible/unvisible).
So, waiting for an upgrade then...

Return to posts index

by on Jan 4, 2012 at 3:07:22 pm

Hmmm ... very odd. I'm not having that problem on my systems, and both Mac and Win are operating as expected. To use the Pivot control, you need to unlock the pivot point from the Position point by unchecking the Lock Pivot button, which is enabled by default. Then twirl open the Pivot XY group and you should be able to click and reposition the pivot control. Or, as you wanted to do, you can simply drag the on-screen cross-hair widget/target.

But your issue is that you cannot see the on-screen controls. Please contact one of our support guys - you can reach them via email at support@borisfx.com. I'm sure they can help sort this out for you.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Sef RutjensRe: Pivot Crosshair in BCC8 AVX
by on Jan 4, 2012 at 6:43:48 pm

Well it says in the Release Notes for 8.0.1, that:

"When using the BCC 3D Objects category of effects, X/Y coordinate parameters do not display on screen point picker widgets - it is necessary to use the X and Y sliders to position things like Lights, etc."

I think this makes it clear, that BorisFX has declared this as a known bug and I guess they will repair this in a coming update.
I also think that you are not using BCC 8 AVX for Avid MC6 or at least, not version 8.0.1
Is that correct?

Return to posts index

by on Jan 5, 2012 at 2:52:28 pm

I believe this issue had been fixed and you will see it in a forthcoming update to BCC 8 AVX.

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]