BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Motion Path in BorisFX Witness Protection

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danny JonesMotion Path in BorisFX Witness Protection
by on Dec 31, 2011 at 12:19:03 am

I've quick question. Using AE CS5. How do I export motion path from Boris FX Witness Protection (Motion Tracker)? I'm getting Error. "There is no motion path to export" When I'm trying to save motion path. I'm not sure maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Initialy I was trying to use build in AE plugin, but wasn't getting good results.

Return to posts index

Boris YamnitskyRe: Motion Path in BorisFX Witness Protection
by on Jan 1, 2012 at 2:56:00 pm

I need a little more information. Do you use AE motion tracker or do you use BCC Witness Protection built-in tracker? Which version of BCC are you on? What is your goal in exporting the motion tracker data? Are you planning to import it in to another application or to another BCC filter with built-in motion tracker?

BTW, from the text of your error message I'm guessing that you did complete the tracking step in BCC.

Boris Yamnitsky

Return to posts index

Danny JonesRe: Motion Path in BorisFX Witness Protection
by on Jan 4, 2012 at 8:55:37 pm

Hi Boris,

I'm using BCC7. Sorry for providing so little information. I'll try to explain as much as I can. My aim is to track pixels using BCC Witness Protection Motion Tracker and export it (apply) to Null object inside AE so I can parent other objects to it.

What I do is. Place Tracker cCenter KF. Play clip forward to get tracking. I recive result as a tracking line, but when I press "S" Save Button. I'm getting this error.

My idea was to use BCC Tracker as it's far superior when compared to AE build in tracker.

I managed to overcome the issue using Mocha, but it's not ideal as I was hopping to do the tracking inside AE.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved