BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Materials unit no show

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Hinkel
Materials unit no show
on Dec 28, 2011 at 1:01:22 am

I downloaded and installed the free materials unit. I had to first uninstall the BCC7 program already in the computer.

When looking for the materials unit it is nowhere to be found either in the Vegas program or in the Boris folders...What am I missing if anything?

Return to posts index

Shaun Fletcher
Re: Materials unit no show
on Dec 28, 2011 at 1:43:45 am

Hello Mike,

I had the same issue, asked me to install BCC 7 complete and then install the new one and the majority of my BCC plugins went AWOL no matter what I tried, even deleted the C:UsersShaunAppDataLocalSonyVegas Pro11.0 folder and they stayed missing.

Regards Shaun.

Return to posts index

Mike Hinkel
on Dec 28, 2011 at 3:54:08 am

Hi Shaun, I didn't lose anything. The Materials unit never showed up anywhere that I can see. I hope someone can get it squared away. Right now I don't miss what I never had. Your situation appears to be a bit more troublesome for which I'd have no answer.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Dec 28, 2011 at 1:11:00 pm

Hey Guys,

Seems as though you already have the full BCC package and with that you have nothing to gain by installing the Materials Unit. I'd suggest that you back out the Materials Unit, using the uninstaller, then reinstall BCC 7.

If you still have trouble then please feel free to place a call into the support dept and someone there will step you through restoring the system.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Mike Hinkel
on Dec 28, 2011 at 1:25:46 pm

Peter, where would these materials show? I have yet to see any like those in the advertisement.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Dec 28, 2011 at 1:49:48 pm

Hi Mike,

They would show up under the BCC 7 filters grouping, with names such as BCC Steel Plate, BCC Brick, BCC Caustics, BCC Clouds, etc.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Mike Hinkel
on Dec 28, 2011 at 2:09:16 pm

And the filters grouping is found where? I still don't see or can't find those in the ad. I see no seperate materials folder I can readily apply in Vegas Pro..

Generate realistic textures such as Steel Plates, Bricks, Clouds, Granite, Wooden Planks, and Rock with the Boris Continuum Materials Unit! The textures are procedurally-generated to ensure smooth render at any scale. Each filter provides a variety of animation parameters including controls for the color, width, height, and other aspects of the material. Many of the filters let you add 3D detail to the material surface and include lighting controls. Apply the materials as realistic surfaces or use them as animated organic backgrounds. Each filter includes presets that make using the materials a point and click operation - even for complex animations.

Return to posts index

Mike Hinkel
on Dec 28, 2011 at 6:47:56 pm

It has been brought to my attention that the Materials unit is not available for Sony Vegas Pro.....go figure. It seems the application plays fifth fiddle at Boris FX.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]