BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Thinking of buying Boris FX Chroma Key for Sony Vegas Pro 10 or 11

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee ShapiroThinking of buying Boris FX Chroma Key for Sony Vegas Pro 10 or 11
by on Dec 23, 2011 at 3:28:59 am

I have Sony Vegas Pro, both versions 10e and 11 installed. I'm keeping 10e for awhile because of all the instability in the latest version.

For the longest time I thought NewBlueFX had the best Chroma Key software. But I must admit after trying Boris FX Chroma Key, I can easily say that it is much better. You get better results in less time. I want to buy it now!

Only problem is that the trial version seems to be crashing both of my versions of Sony Vegas Pro. I'll work for 10 or 15 minutes, doing adjusting or even just closing the program, and most of the time I'll get a crash. I'm wondering (and hoping) that the purchased version might work better (maybe it has a newer patch?)

The trial version I'm using now is expired, it has the text at the bottom of the screen telling me so. So I also wonder if that has anything to do with the crashes?

Anyway, I'd like to know if any other Vegas Pro users are having these problems with the Chroma Key plugin. As I said, I'd really like to buy it, but I want to make sure it will be at least halfway stable.

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz (Quad Core) 45nm, AM3 6MB Cache
RAM: 8GB (4x2GB) PC10600 DDR3 1333 Dual Channel
GRAPHICS CARD: ATI Radeon HD 5850 (1024 Mbytes)
Windows 7 64-bit

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Thinking of buying Boris FX Chroma Key for Sony Vegas Pro 10 or 11
by on Dec 28, 2011 at 1:13:51 pm

Hi Lee,

The BCC 7 filters for Sony Vegas Pro, including the Chroma Key, are stable and production worthy. I'm not sure why your system is crashing but it may be something that we can help you with. Please call into our support group - someone there will help you with this. You can reach them via email at

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved