BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

BCC7 Extruded EPS / Vegas 11: problem displaying eps

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert St-Onge
BCC7 Extruded EPS / Vegas 11: problem displaying eps
on Dec 22, 2011 at 2:01:37 am

I have an extruded eps where the letter P is beeing displayed as filled, no hole in the P with Vegas 11.

This file displays well under Vegas 10.

I have tried many settings but just can get it to display right under V11.

Vegas 11

Vegas 10

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: BCC7 Extruded EPS / Vegas 11: problem displaying eps
on Dec 28, 2011 at 1:22:19 pm

This might be the difference between the 32 bit and the 64 bit versions of BCC and how that filter handles Illustrator files.

You might want to open the file in Illustrator, make sure that the inner and outer outlines of the letter are a compound path and finally resave it as Illustrator version 8.

Then try extruding the new file.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Robert St-Onge
on Dec 28, 2011 at 4:13:11 pm

Hi Peter,

The eps always displayed fine in Vegas 10 with BCC Extruded EPS 32 or 64 bit but won't display right under Vegas 11 with either 32 or 64 bit BCC Extruded EPS.

So the animation was created in V10 but doesn't translate well in V11 and even if I start from scratch under V11.

Unfortunately I don't have Illustrator.

Return to posts index

Robert St-Onge
on Jan 4, 2012 at 12:46:01 am

I managed to solve my problem with the P's switching from square pixels to fit to project within the aspect ration of BCC7 Extruded EPS settings.
But why it works with one and not the other ratio?

Now since the fit to project considerably blows up the graphic, the lights and textures on the graphic are now different and even if I move settings along the Z axis for the graphic and lights, I just can get the same feel I previously had.

Therefore if I want to move my graphics from V10 to V11, I need to tweak them all and yet not have exactly the same feel which means a lot of wasted time and transformations.

Can someone tell me why it worked in V10 and not in V11?

Return to posts index

Robert St-Onge
on Jan 5, 2012 at 5:07:51 am

Managed to get the file converted in Illustrator and the inner and outer outlines of the letter were already a compound path.

Was resaved as Illustrator version 8 and no improvement whatsoever.

Any hopes this problem will be fixed in V11?

Return to posts index

Robert St-Onge
on Jan 24, 2012 at 12:03:55 am

I sent an email to support at BorisFX a week ago and haven't got any reply yet. I was hoping on getting some kind of feedback on why it works in Vegas 10 and not Vegas 11 and what might be the cause?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]