BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris FX 9/Graffiti 5 compatibility SVPro11?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John HaynsworthBoris FX 9/Graffiti 5 compatibility SVPro11?
by on Dec 19, 2011 at 4:42:34 pm

First time poster, and I've seen some knowledgeable folks on the board from time to time on the subject of Boris FX. Since I can't seem to get a response from the company, perhaps someone here might be able to enlighten me further.

I would love to upgrade from Boris FX 9 and Graffiti 5 to one of the other effects editing packages, i.e. Red or BCC, but alas that is way out of my price range, currently, and FX/Graffiti have always gotten the job done for my effects/text editing needs.

After sitting on the sidelines through a couple of Sony Vegas Pro versions since version 8, I decided to get caught up with the latest version of SVP11. However, I am unable to work with the Boris programs within the current version.

I noticed on Boris' compatibility matrix that FX/Graffiti are only supported through version 9 of SVP. Does anyone have any insight as to whether Boris FX/Graffiti will ultimately support more recent versions of SVP? It's kind of a bummer that the updates seem to be lagging (although I understand that Sony's version control is an issue as well).

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Boris FX 9/Graffiti 5 compatibility SVPro11?
by on Dec 20, 2011 at 5:40:11 pm

The big problem is with 64 bit support - we're working on it but don't have FX or Graffiti yet for 64 bit hosts such as SVpro11.

Return to posts index

John HaynsworthRe: Boris FX 9/Graffiti 5 compatibility SVPro11?
by on Dec 20, 2011 at 5:55:10 pm

Thanks for taking a few moments, Peter.

I can live with that given that the team is "working on it." It's much better than killing the support altogether. Good luck, and I'll eagerly await an update from the FX/Graffiti team in the (hopefully) near future.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved