BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Jagged edges on diaganal shapes after using BORIS to Pan and Zoom

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john boltonJagged edges on diaganal shapes after using BORIS to Pan and Zoom
by on Dec 16, 2011 at 8:32:51 am

I have search as many Forums as I can to try and find the solution to the Jagged edges on Still images when Panning and Zooming. I am using Media100p 12.0.3 with BORIS RED 4.3. I can drag a still image from the BIN onto the Media100 timeline and the picture is perfect. If I then open the EDIT section and transfer it to BORIS RED and then make some adjustments to the size of the picture and some slight panning all seems to look OK. But when I click apply and it transfers it back to Media 100 there are jagged edges on any object that is diagonal (Like the sloping edge of a roof). I have tried setting the Media 10 project to PAL 16:9 and also PAL psf but makes not difference. I have tried using the IMPORT/ still pictures to get the pictures into Media100 . Also I have adjusted the picture for the one pixel up shift to overcome Interlace problems which I think it does help but it does not clear the jagged edges (looks like a saw blade). There are no visible adjustment in BORIS RED 4.3 for Interlace, etc that I can see or find in the user manual. I have also reduced the still image actual picture size to 1024 x 576 and it makes not difference. Clearly I am missing some basic setting somewhere but I am now out of options of where to look. I am assuming that there must be a solution to this else anyone who wants to include still panned images with Video would never even contemplate Media 100 with BORIS. Any guidance would be appreciated John

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Jagged edges on diaganal shapes after using BORIS to Pan and Zoom
by on Dec 16, 2011 at 6:55:42 pm

Hi John,

I don't have a ready answer for you in regard to the problem that you've encountered but I would like to suggest that you give the guys in our support department a chance to help you figure this out. You can reach them via email at support@borisfx.com or by phone at 1 888 772 6747.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

john boltonRe: Jagged edges on diaganal shapes after using BORIS to Pan and Zoom
by on Dec 17, 2011 at 8:38:51 am

Hello Peter

I have mentioned it to Jon Kozenko at support who has helped us in the past when we first setup BORIS RED 4.3. I did say to him that maybe someone on the fourm may already know but if not I will send more details to him Thanks for the rely Regards John

Return to posts index

john boltonRe: Jagged edges on diaganal shapes after using BORIS to Pan and Zoom
by on Jan 20, 2012 at 8:41:06 am

Hello.. The solution was that in BORIS, the little ICON at the bottom of the Composite windows - second from the left hand side - was in Draft mode. I had no idea it even existed but for some reason it takes this setting and passes it back to the main program ( in this case Media100p )and hence.. very poor results. This is with all the settings in Media 100p set to BEST.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]