BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris RED Not Updating Sources while in Timeline

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt M, PABoris RED Not Updating Sources while in Timeline
by on Dec 13, 2011 at 3:28:20 am

New iMac running FCP 7, etc. With the latest version of RED installed, it does not update certain source videos. Some clips will update as the CTI moves, as well as with a preview...but some will not.

I am having issues mainly with MPEG 2 HD files as transferred right from the camera. I can export Pro-Res or some others and they function...is there a codec issue with RED?

Return to posts index

Boris YamnitskyRe: Boris RED Not Updating Sources while in Timeline
by on Dec 13, 2011 at 12:31:44 pm

Are you running RED as a plugin in FCP 7 or as a standalone application? Are you loading footage as host video (V1) or as external movie file?

If it's a plugin with host video, there is little we can do since images are coming from Final Cut. But if you load movies externally, I wonder if they playback in QT player?

Boris Yamnitsky
BorisFX

Return to posts index

Matt M, PARe: Boris RED Not Updating Sources while in Timeline
by on Dec 13, 2011 at 12:59:01 pm

Hello...I'm using it currently as the RED engine, so it's standalone.

The footage plays fine in FCP, and QT Player....but is static in RED.
One odd things I noticed since posting was that if I make a change to the RED preferences it will swap to another frame momentarily...then go back to the previous still. All other elements in the timeline update.

I've used RED for years and have never seen this before.

Return to posts index

Boris YamnitskyRe: Boris RED Not Updating Sources while in Timeline
by on Dec 13, 2011 at 1:59:49 pm

OK, now it's a bit more clear, we'll have to try to reproduce it with MPeg 2 clips.

Boris Yamnitsky
BorisFX

Return to posts index

Matt M, PARe: Boris RED Not Updating Sources while in Timeline
by on Dec 13, 2011 at 2:08:07 pm

Thanks I look forward to your response. I'd be lost without RED.

If I take the same clip....export to a different codec...like Prores...it updates correctly. The footage in question is raw file from a Sony HD camera....but if plays fine elsewhere. FWIW, I have also noticed the same issue with some automobile footage downloaded from a manufacturer's site.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]