BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

"Exported" y-position and y-scale of 3d container is wrong

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ernie Tamminga"Exported" y-position and y-scale of 3d container is wrong
by on Dec 1, 2011 at 11:31:31 pm

In Boris Red 5, I have set up a project with two 3d containers. One contains an image (tried it with PSD and also with JPG format), the other contains extruded text. The extruded text one spins & scales, and is working fine.
The image-one also spins & scales.
In the Composite Window, it looks exactly the way I want it to.
When I EXPORT (either to MOV or to AVI), the text works just fine, but the IMAGE is shrunk vertically, by about half, and also displaced vertically. It winds up much farther "up" the finished image than it should.
If I change its Y-position in the project so that it's at the very bottom of the window, then EXPORT again, the exported image winds up in the middle of the image (vertically), but still shrunk vertically by about half.
I've never encountered this problem before, where the Exported clip fails to match what is shown in the Composite Window.
Any suggestions...?
ADDENDUM: I took the image out of the 3D container and spun/rotated it on its own -- and now it works fine. The problem seems to be caused by putting it in a 3D container... but why??

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: "Exported" y-position and y-scale of 3d container is wrong
by on Dec 2, 2011 at 3:19:22 pm

Hi Ernie,

This is indeed strange and I'm at a loss to explain why it is happening. Does it happen if you replace the image with the default V1 track? Is the comp window set to full/high? I'm assuming that you are running the application in standalone mode, is that correct? Are you on the Windows or Mac platform? And finally, would it be possible for you to send me the settings file that you are working with to see if I can recreate the problem on one of our systems? If so, please send it to me at

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved