BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC Optical Stablizer analyzes clip but results is dramatically zoomed in to a small portion of clip.

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nelson MaldonadoBCC Optical Stablizer analyzes clip but results is dramatically zoomed in to a small portion of clip.
by on Dec 1, 2011 at 6:27:00 am

I have Adobe Premiere Pro CS5, Boris Red 5 and BCC 7.

I tried using the BCC Optical Stablizer on an industrial clip and was only able to get it to function properly once. Since then, every time i've had it analyze a clip, the results has the clip zoomed in to a small portion of the clip.

The clip show an industrial press moving up and down. It covers most of the screen.

What's going on?

thanks.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: BCC Optical Stablizer analyzes clip but results is dramatically zoomed in to a small portion of clip.
by on Dec 1, 2011 at 3:02:57 pm

Hi,

It could be that there is simply too much movement in the scene for a lock-down without losing a large portion of the image. There are a few things that come to mind that might help:

• Change the value in the Reference Frame to one that will result in less image loss. You should select the frame in the clip that is most centered for the reference frame.

• Go to the Post Processing group and disable the auto-scale option. You can then scale the clip yourself to fill what you need of the frame with the locked down result.

• Razor the clip and lock down short segments instead of trying to lock down the entire clip in one go.

• Set the mode to Smooth instead of Stabilize ... this will result in smooth and very natural-looking slow movement in the scene but will not provide a total lockdown. You can fine tune this by increasing or decreasing the value in the Smoothing Range parameter

I hope this helps.

Peter.

Return to posts index

nelson MaldonadoRe: BCC Optical Stablizer analyzes clip but results is dramatically zoomed in to a small portion of clip.
by on Dec 1, 2011 at 3:12:47 pm

Thanks, i will try your suggestions asap.

Just a note: the unwanted movement is mainly vertical. I had the camera's image stablization turned on while shooting the machine. The machines down stroke created enough ground vibrations that the camera's stabization could not handle or the vibrations made my hand move tilting the camera up and down while shooting. Either way, i'm bummed.

Return to posts index

Robert OberRe: BCC Optical Stablizer analyzes clip but results is dramatically zoomed in to a small portion of clip.
by on Jul 3, 2013 at 12:53:11 am

Hello,

Did you fix this and if so, how?

I am having this zoomed in issue with CC 8.1 and 8.2 in Avid Symphony 6.5.3 .

Thanks,
Robert A. Ober

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]