BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Fonts preview

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William BusbyFonts preview
by on Dec 1, 2011 at 5:21:16 am

On all Red releases prior to 5, it was ridiculously simple to scroll through fonts using the up or down key while in the text window and the text would change accordingly. A far as I can tell Red 5 doesn't have this feature. Why the change? Is there any other alternate way to do this that I'm missing here? What took a short amount of time before now takes considerably longer and annoying.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Fonts preview
by on Dec 1, 2011 at 3:09:50 pm

Hi William,

The arrows work for me on Win and Mac. Here's what I did:

• created some text in the text generator window
• selected the text
• clicked on the font selector pop-up - a list of installed fonts appeared
• scrolled through the list using the up/down arrows
• clicked enter when I found the font that I wanted to use

Does that not work for you?

Return to posts index

William BusbyRe: Fonts preview
by on Dec 3, 2011 at 10:59:42 pm

Hi Peter. The font list appears. I can scroll through, but it's not like it has been in previous versions where I could click where the current font name is (the area next to the downward icon for the drop down list) and I could use the arrow keys to view each successive font and the text would update in the text window at each arrow key press.

Having a hard time wording this properly... but the way it is now it seems I can't just click the font name currently selected without the font list dropping down. In other words that small area (the currently selected font AND the font list selection icon to the right of it do the same thing... font list drop down. I'm laughing as I re-read this. Makes no sense :D

Return to posts index

William BusbyRe: Fonts preview
by on Dec 11, 2011 at 12:11:05 am

I guess I'll just have to find a font preview program beforehand now since Red doesn't seem to work the way it used to for so long.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved