BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Two Problems with RED 5 and Vegas 11.0

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stefan ScheideggerTwo Problems with RED 5 and Vegas 11.0
by on Nov 23, 2011 at 4:46:00 pm

Hi all

I'm trying to use RED 5.0.6 (64bit) as a plug-in for Sony Vegas 11.0. But I have the two following issues:

1. My footage and Vegas project is 720x576 PAL-DV format. However, RED recognizes 786x576 and doesn't let me change the format. Therefore corrections in RED show in the wrong spot in Vegas (e.g. paint strokes, wire removal).

2. When I work a little in RED, especially when I try to use the stabilization filter or when I move around the timeline a lot, suddenly RED shows the green V1 image instead of the footage from Vegas.
I had a similar problem with an OFX filter that I programmed myself: If Vegas realizes it's getting too slow it reduces the resolution of the video preview. My filter crashed until I had identified this problem. Could it be that RED shows the green V1 in exactly that situation?

Regards,
Stefan

Return to posts index

Boris YamnitskyRe: Two Problems with RED 5 and Vegas 11.0
by on Nov 23, 2011 at 5:48:41 pm

I believe we are aware of both issues with Sony Vegas. We hope to resolve them in the next update.

Boris Yamnitsky
BorisFX

Return to posts index

Wilfried VanRe: Two Problems with RED 5 and Vegas 11.0
by on Nov 26, 2011 at 7:49:01 pm

Noticed same here ( vegas 11 ) PLUS noticed the frame rate in RED being different than in vegas ( both 10 and 11 ).
Am using PAL m2t ( 1440x1080 50i ) but when loaded in red 5 , it plays faster preview as if it plays the American 60i.

Return to posts index

Stefan ScheideggerRe: Two Problems with RED 5 and Vegas 11.0
by on Jan 23, 2012 at 9:28:14 am

For the moment I found a workaround for this issue: When I want to do motion tracking in Boris RED as a Vegas Plug-in, I close the Vegas video preview window and I hide the timeline. Like that I face fewer problems with RED changing to the green V1 footage.

Is there an estimated release date for the RED update solving these issues?

Best,
Stefan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]