BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Does it worth to invest money in nvidia quadro 5800 to use with Avid+Boris?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stanislav PloschanskyDoes it worth to invest money in nvidia quadro 5800 to use with Avid+Boris?
by on Nov 21, 2011 at 2:52:33 pm

Hi all,

probably it rather a FAQ but i didn't find an answer yet...
I'm planning build new powerful PC and major question is video card.
So, will nvidia quadro 5800 have so strong (as it its price) impact on performance of effects rendering in Boris FX and Avid?

Thank you very much in advance!

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Does it worth to invest money in nvidia quadro 5800 to use with Avid+Boris?
by on Nov 22, 2011 at 2:56:50 pm

Hi,

I think your biggest concern should be in regard to Avid support. You'll need to make sure that the card that you are using for the Avid system has been officially graced by Avid as a supported card.

With regard to the Boris FX product lineā€¦ a more powerful card will help you with the OpenGL hardware-accelerated filters, such as Extruded Text, Extruded EPS, etc. For most of the Boris FX filters, a more powerful video display / graphics card will not have a significant impact on render performance in the Boris product as most of them rely on the CPU, not the GPU, for rendering.

I hope this helps.

Peter.

Return to posts index

Stanislav PloschanskyRe: Does it worth to invest money in nvidia quadro 5800 to use with Avid+Boris?
by on Nov 22, 2011 at 7:07:50 pm

Thanks a lot for your answer! yes, you're fully right concerning support. And I also think that so expensive video card will not make whole NLE just a "light process".
Now I'm planning buy Quadro 4000. It supported by both systems and hope will more relevant purchase for my tasks, as compare with too expensive Quadro FX 5800.
Of course everything is relative, but make experiments with such prices is too big game for me.
If you have any objections against 4000, please post them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]