BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

RED5 32bit has stopped accepting PNG files, no reason given

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul James Chatman
RED5 32bit has stopped accepting PNG files, no reason given
on Nov 21, 2011 at 2:17:01 pm

As of 11-20-2011 (Sunday) 530pm PST I had no problem loading and using PNG files in RED 5.0.9.317 32bit.

Now RED5, following two successive crashes three hours ago (3am PST, Monday 21, 2011), will not accept any PNG files at all. Also, whenever I make any request from the program the title bar will always read (Not responding) for a few seconds.

RED5 Log 1

RED 5 Dump 1

RED 5 Log 2

RED 5 Dump 2

Screenshot RED 509317 32bit fails to load PNG files after recent crashes.

I hope the Log and Dump files will help resolve this. I'm currently using the 32bit version because Quicktime does not create 64bit MOV files. I'm using the standalone and not the Vegas Pro 10 plugin.

I normally use the 64bit plugin, but when I just want to create effects or learn the program I use the stand alone. Since the 64bit version will not accept 32bit MOVs, I need to use the 32bit version. I'm just following the tutorials in the RED5 online help files, so it's not mission critical. But I would like to know what happened to stop it from loading PNG files.

PaulJC

hello

Return to posts index

Paul James Chatman
Re: RED5 32bit has stopped accepting PNG files, no reason given
on Nov 21, 2011 at 2:36:06 pm

Hmm? Very strange. I have since discovered that I can load the project file, without issues, from within Vegas Pro 10 32bit. :/

hello

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Nov 21, 2011 at 2:42:15 pm

Hi,

If you encounter a situation where RED will cease to operate as expected following a series of crashes, it's best to dump the prefs file and reset everything. If you need any help with this please let us know.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Paul James Chatman
on Nov 23, 2011 at 7:05:56 am

Done. I uninstalled it, actually. The reinstall did the trick. had an issue with BLUE as well, where the Compiste window would generate artifacts and color shifts, and would crash when ever I tried to add tracks, media or just do anything.

I uninstalled it, and saw that the AE CS4 plugin was selected upon re-installation. I had planned on downloading the AECS4 Trial (which is why I installed the plugin), but never did. I deselected all Plugin options and now BLUE works as intended.

Thanks Pete

hello

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]