BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BORIS RED 4.3 - Can't Paste Keyframe values

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john boltonBORIS RED 4.3 - Can't Paste Keyframe values
by on Nov 19, 2011 at 8:57:32 am

In BORIS RED 4.3, I am trying to copy and paste Keyframes so that I can have the same settings as one keyframe somewhere else on the time line. Example….. I have a Still image picture and at the beginning of the timeline in the Composition Window. I click the keyframe DOT and then Scale the image to make it larger…Then I click on that keyframe and Copy it. I move the Timeline marker further along the time line and then select Paste Keyframe. The Keyframe is pasted but the parameters of the keyframe are not pasted. So although the keyframe is there is does not scale the picture to be the same as the keyframe I copied. I have also noticed that you can copy Keyframes in the Composite Windows but there is NO option to Paste the keyframe in the Composite Window. I have looked at the Online Help but it does not mention anything about this. Guess I am missing something really basic . Thanks in advance ... John

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: BORIS RED 4.3 - Can't Paste Keyframe values
by on Nov 21, 2011 at 2:39:57 pm

Hi John,

I don't quite understand why this is not working for you - it should work as you described. Perhaps you could try these steps:

• create a keyframe and set an animation in the controls window
• select and copy the keyframe in the timeline window
• deselect the keyframe by clicking on the track in the timeline (keyframe should change from red to grey when it is deselected)
• move to another point in the timeline
• with the track selected, paste the keyframe

Does that achieve the correct result?

If not then there may be something else going on and we might have to take a closer look with a technician to diagnose the problem. What are your system specs - OS etc? Are you in plug-in or standalone mode? If you are running as a plug-in, what host are you using?

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

john boltonRe: BORIS RED 4.3 - Can't Paste Keyframe values
by on Nov 26, 2011 at 8:44:17 am

Hello Peter. That seems to work BUT if I make a keyframe at the beginning of the time line and then make another keyframe further along and make a change to that image and then go back to the first keyframe and copy it and then de-select it and move along the time line and paste it before the second keyframe I made, it does not paste the values......I have been wating for Jon at BORISFX to also find a solution but nothing yet.. Not sure what to do now

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: BORIS RED 4.3 - Can't Paste Keyframe values
by on Nov 28, 2011 at 1:09:10 pm

Hi John,

Sounds very strange - I'm at a loss to explain why the workflow that you are describing is not working. have you tried using a control-click for the copy/paste command as opposed to the keyboard commands? Also, are you making sure to deselect the copied keyframe before pasting a new keyframe?

I'll check in with John and discuss the issue with him today.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]