BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC 7 AVX no acceleration?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William BusbyBCC 7 AVX no acceleration?
by on Nov 16, 2011 at 7:30:56 pm

What happened to the acceleration controls for DVE? Am I missing something? I whipped out my reading glasses to get close up and personal and ... nada.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: BCC 7 AVX no acceleration?
by on Nov 17, 2011 at 8:03:10 pm

Hi,

Hmmm ... I don't think I fully understand the feature you are referring to ... could you be a little more explicit please?

Thanks,

Peter.

Return to posts index

William BusbyRe: BCC 7 AVX no acceleration?
by on Nov 18, 2011 at 12:56:09 am

Hi Peter. I found the answer earlier on the Avid forums. It's evidently MC 5.x related and not BCC related. I've been cutting on XDV 3.5 forever and the other day I was working on a MC 5.5 system with BCC 7 installed and noticed this issue. The acceleration parameters (similar to a ease in, ease out) are gone in all AVX plugins, plus some of the other native Avid effects such as PiP, Push, etc.

Return to posts index

Jeff GreenbergRe: BCC 7 AVX no acceleration?
by on Nov 19, 2011 at 2:44:16 am

I think you want to open up the 'advanced' keyframe area. Once you do this, you can specify general keyframe interpolation like spline, bezier and go as far as to adjust individual bezier handles.

Best,

Jeff G

Certified Master Trainer | Adobe, Apple, Avid
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
New! FCPX DSLR workflows; What's new in Media Comopser 6; Full Media Composer 6 basics from macProVideo.com
Come see me speak at the Government Video Expo Nov 30 - Dec 1; Seminar link here
My book (with Richard Harrington and Robbie Carman)- An Editor's Guide to Adobe Premiere Pro
Lynda.com - Compressor Essentials 3.5 and 4
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

by on Nov 19, 2011 at 8:33:31 am

Hi Jeff. Yea I know that, but what took a mere couple of seconds before now takes considerably longer for the same results :-\

Return to posts index

Jeff GreenbergRe: BCC 7 AVX no acceleration?
by on Nov 19, 2011 at 2:08:06 pm

I won't argue the number of clicks. The ability to get more refined in the keyframing model is something that was long overdue in Media Composer.

A trick: you can right click on the group name in the adv. keyframe area and set all the keyframes to spline. You could also do this at the very top of the effect to change all keyframes to spline.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 24, 2011 at 10:46:22 pm

Thanks, Jeff!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]