BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Trying to export Avid Sequence into FCP

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aimie BurnsTrying to export Avid Sequence into FCP
by on Nov 14, 2011 at 8:51:06 pm

Not sure if anyone on here can help me. But a client of ours has asked me to make an Avid Project that we have into a FCP project, and I keep running into walls.
This project was edited in Avid - using P2 Media, that is linked via AMA.

Things I've Done:
Master Sequence - Consolidate to external drive - Select consolidated SEQ - Export AAF - I've tried, copy media to folder, copy media to Embed, Link to media.

Inport into FCP - using either Automatic Duck Plug in, or the Boris FX AAF Import plugin.

The Issues:
When using Automatic duck - I can select use "existing media" - and the video files will come online, but only 5 audio clips on 1 track come online - there are 10 Audio tracks.
I tired a 25 second piece - Embedded AAF - everything came online, tried again with the whole sequence - 8 minutes - FCP crashed, AAF file is just under 5GB.

When using Boris FX - the whole sequence appears - but once it has loaded - all media is offline - and I'm battling trying to figure out how to make the media come online. When I go to "reconnect" media - it won't find the correct clip - and when I navigate to it, it gives me another error at import - incorrect reel name etc.

Mac OS 10.6.4
2 x 3.2GHz Quad
Core Intel Xeon, 12 GB Ram
AVID: 5.5.3
FCP: 7.0

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Trying to export Avid Sequence into FCP
by on Nov 15, 2011 at 4:47:19 pm

Hi Amie,

You might need to install the Calibrated{Q} software to make it work. You can download a demo trial version of Calibrated here:

If after installing this you are still having problems, please feel free to contact one of our support gurus, which you can reach via email ( or by phone (888-77-BORIS / 888-772-6747).

I hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Aimie BurnsRe: Trying to export Avid Sequence into FCP
by on Nov 28, 2011 at 4:43:18 pm

Hi Peter,

I have tried that, and I'm not getting too far with the Boris support team either ;(.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved