BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

RED 5 and adding text with sony vegas pro 11

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dougal fanning
RED 5 and adding text with sony vegas pro 11
on Nov 8, 2011 at 4:07:26 am

I wish to add a lower third text event as a stand alone clip using RED 5 in vegas pro 11.When i add RED as an fx to an empty event in vegas and open the UI, the media that was on the track below in vegas i wish to key the text over is not visible in the the RED preview window. My work around has been to grab a still of the video that i will be keying over and add it to RED as a reference then turning off that layer before updating vegas, fairly cumbersome. I have tried duplicating the track i wish to key over in vegas and adding RED text then deleting the video track in RED before updating Vegas but that didn't work. Is there a better way?

Thanks for Any assistance.

Dougal.

BORIS RED 5
Sony vegas Pro 11.

Return to posts index

John Gordon
Re: RED 5 and adding text with sony vegas pro 11
on Nov 8, 2011 at 8:57:46 pm

If I am understanding your dilema correctly, the media on the other track will not be visible because it is not having the effect applied to it. To see the media, you could add a layer under the text effects layer in red to compose by, and then delete the underlying layer before applying the red event back to Vegas.

John Gordon

Return to posts index

dougal fanning
Re: RED 5 and adding text with sony vegas pro 11
on Nov 8, 2011 at 10:21:01 pm

Thanks for your response John. Your suggestion is what i have been doing with the still image, the video media i use XDCAM EX, doesn't import natively into RED so needs to be rendered to another format,fairly cumbersome.

dougal.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]