BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Color-matching costant variations between frames

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Hutcheson
Color-matching costant variations between frames
on Nov 6, 2011 at 11:11:02 pm

I have a bad HD tape that created constant variations in color hue and intensity. The footage will need color matching about every three seconds (for a 60-minute interview!). Can I isolate a color-accurate frame in Boris Color Match and tell it to apply that to the rest of the timeline?

Thank you,

Don

Hutch

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Color-matching costant variations between frames
on Nov 7, 2011 at 1:43:30 pm

Hi Don,

Although the BCC Color Match filter excels at performing 3 point color matching between clip pairs, the filter does not constantly read and analyze clip color or luma changes across time so if the color is changing every 3 seconds or so, you'll need to adjust the filter manually using keyframes to compensate for this change. So while it is indeed possible to achieve the result that you have in mind for this piece with this filter, it's a little more than a drag and drop solution.

In BCC 8 we have a brand new filter that will automatically compensate for luma shifts, which will probably handle the job nicely for you. It's called BCC Flicker Fixer, and you can instruct the filter to automatically compensate for fast, or in this instance, slow flicker or luma shifts. If you would like me to try a short segment of the clip I'd be happy to do that for you - just get in touch with me off list and we can take it from there. You can reach me at peterm@borisfx.com.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Don Hutcheson
Re: Color-matching costant variations between frames
on Nov 7, 2011 at 4:17:16 pm

Very kind, Peter. I will get a clip to you.

Thank you,

Hutch

Hutch

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]