BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

no "H e l p" function in UpRez (FCP7)!?!

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Weissman
no "H e l p" function in UpRez (FCP7)!?!
on Nov 3, 2011 at 12:17:38 am

Hello out there,

This is my first Boris filter purchase, and insofar as there's no documentation for UpRez on their site or with the installer, I'm counting on the "H e l p" button in the plugin for assistance.

Problem is, when I click it, nothing happens.

Anyone run into this before?

Thanks a bunch in advance!

-- Dan

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: no "H e l p" function in UpRez (FCP7)!?!
on Nov 3, 2011 at 2:35:16 pm

Hi Dan,

What a co-incicence ... this is the second posting that I'm responding to in one morning regarding the help system in BCC and probably the second time ever that I've fielded a question about this. Too funny.

Anyway, it may be that the help file did not get installed with the product, although this is unlikely. You can check for it's presence by looking here ... HD/Library/Application Support/BorisFX/BCC FxPlug7/Documentation/. You may also want to check the permissions - they should have been set automatically by the installer but if you haven't run the Repair Permissions utility recently you may want to try that to see if it helps.

You can also find free tutorials and more help on the filters on our web site at borisfx.com and look under the videos and the training drop down menus.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Dan Weissman
on Nov 3, 2011 at 4:37:03 pm

Hi Peter,
Thanks for getting back to me.
The Documentation folder is empty, and repairing permissions didn't change anything.
I've looked around your site for any documentation about UpRez and all I find are release notes, and the BCC videos don't cover UpRez.
Can you send me the file that belongs in there?
thanks,
- Dan

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Nov 3, 2011 at 6:28:00 pm

Hi Dan,

Not sure why the doc folder is there but empty - that's rather odd.

Here's an older, and somewhat out of date, clip that explains how to use BCCUpRez in FCP.

http://www.borisfx.com/videos/Units/Upscale.php

And here's a more recent tutorial:

http://www.borisfx.com/webinar/bcc7-fxplug-webinar.php

The workflow has been made much easier since we made the first one that I've listed and I was initially hesitant to draw attention to the piece but there is some valid information in the clip which I thought might be helpful to you. Both are good though and worth checking out.

The new workflow is very clearly described in the help doc, which I'll send to you once I get your email address. You can send that to me at peterm@borisfx.com.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]