BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BORIS RED 4.3 Spline Object Button Missing

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john boltonBORIS RED 4.3 Spline Object Button Missing
by on Oct 29, 2011 at 1:44:53 pm

I am trying to use this with media 100P and most of it seems to work OK. The problem I am having is with masking... I followed a Tutorial which explained how to import 2 videos into the Composition box and the CLICK on the Spline Object symbol on the tool bar at the top of the Composition window. The Symbol looked like a PEN Nib. I tried out some masking and got the hang of it so then I started to do it again but in the Horizontal TOOL bar the PEN Nib is missing and seems to of been replaced with a CUBE or a Brush at the same location. I have searched all the settings but can't find anyway to get this ICON back in that tool bar .. NOTE it is NOT the Long tool bar with the PEN that floats it is the one that is integrated in the Composition Window.. Hope this makes sense. Hope someone can give me some guidance Thanks in advance John

Return to posts index

john boltonRe: BORIS RED 4.3 Spline Object Button Missing
by on Oct 29, 2011 at 3:22:27 pm

Hi Guys and Girls.. I completely removed BORIS RED and re-installed. The PEN Nib is back in the top row so that’s good. BUT when I added the two Movies and then clicked the PEN Nib in the horizontal TOOL bar it add SPLINE Track and if I expand it the neck line is MASK and then TRANSFORMATION and then FACE which is great. When I try it a second time with a New project the order is SPLINE Track, MASK, TRANSFORMATION, PATH. I can't get the PATH to change to FACE. I realise I am completely missing something simple here but unless I reinstall every time I can never get PATH to change to FACE.

Return to posts index

john boltonRe: BORIS RED 4.3 Spline Object Button Missing
by on Nov 1, 2011 at 8:37:04 am

I have fixed it now An earlier version was causing a problem, It now says PATH all the time and all works fine. The FACE was from the older version

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]