BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

no bcc7 transfer to vegas 11

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
william jochimno bcc7 transfer to vegas 11
by on Oct 19, 2011 at 10:58:16 am

When I installed vegas 11, no bcc7 was transfered from vegas 10. I tried to reinstall bcc7 but got nothing. All my newblue plugin were transfered.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: no bcc7 transfer to vegas 11
by on Oct 19, 2011 at 1:29:33 pm

Hi,

One thing to check is that you using the matching Vegas / BCC installers. They need to be either 32 bit or 64 bit and you can't mix and match. So, if you are using Vegas 11 64 bit you need to use BCC 7 64 bit too.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

william jochimRe: no bcc7 transfer to vegas 11
by on Oct 19, 2011 at 2:13:01 pm

Hi,
Both vegas & bcc7 are 64bit. Should I uninstall bcc7 from vegas 10
and try to reinstall in vegas 11? Should I uninstall vegas 10?
Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave HaynieRe: no bcc7 transfer to vegas 11
by on Oct 19, 2011 at 3:02:15 pm

I see the same problem. I'm 64... never even installed 32-bit Vegas 10, much less Vegas 11.

And here's the weird part: I _almost_ don't see BCC7. If I look under OFX or BCC 3D Objects in the Plug-In Chooser, I see five BCC plug-ins: Extruded EPS, Spline, Text, Layer Deformer, and Type on Text. That's it. Everything else is not visible.

And as well, no problem with others: NewBlue, Neat Video, and FBnm plug-ins are where they ought to be.

-Dave

Return to posts index

by on Oct 19, 2011 at 6:22:07 pm

Hey Guys,

We're currently investigating this issue and will have more info for you within the next 24 hours.

Thanks!

Peter.

Return to posts index

william jochimRe: no bcc7 transfer to vegas 11
by on Oct 19, 2011 at 6:38:02 pm

Hi again,
I completely unstalled BCC7 from my computer, then reinstalled it using "complete" option. IT WORKS. Thanks much for your help.
Bill

Return to posts index

by on Oct 21, 2011 at 7:05:01 pm

Hi William,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you regarding all this. I realize that you got the filters to show up in Vegas 11 with a reinstall but I thought I'd post this message to your thread in case anyone else needs to know where we are with regard to support for Vegas Pro 11.

Here's the scoop thus far:

• With the current BCC 7.0.4 installer that is up on our web site, you need to rerun the installer after you install Vegas 11 to get the plug-ins to show up. The license does not change and the plug-ins will automatically recognize the presence of the license which was used when the BCC 7.0.4 filters were installed and licensed for Vegas Pro 10 on that system.

• The 7.0.4 installer that we have up on our web site does not list Sony Vegas Pro 11 as a target host because that version of the host was not available when BCC 7.0.4 was introduced. We are creating a new installer that will include a specific option to install directly into Vegas 11 and expect to have that up on the site today or Monday at the latest.

• We recognize that there is an issue with using the BCC Optical Stabilizer from the BCC 7.0.4 package in Sony Vegas Pro 11. This is a brand new problem and is something that we are working to resolve. Once we have resolved that issue we will offer an update.

• Boris RED 5 operates normally in Sony Vegas Pro 11.

So that's the story thus far. When we have more info, such as the updated installer, we will post again to this forum so that everyone is aware of the update. Ditto for the problem with the BCC Optical Stabilizer filter.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Jim JonesRe: no bcc7 transfer to vegas 11
by on Nov 5, 2011 at 4:29:11 pm

I tried this today (5th November 2011) and the 64bit installer recognises Vegas 11 but the 32bit installer still only gives an option for Vegas 10.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 7, 2011 at 2:04:41 pm

Hi Jim,

It seems as though the 32 bit installer wasn't updated to seek Vegas 11 but even so, I have a feeling that it might just work. Can you give it a shot and see what happens if you just run the installer a second time? If the plug-ins don't show up after you do this then we can help but I'd like to know if just running the installer again resolves the issue.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Jim JonesRe: no bcc7 transfer to vegas 11
by on Nov 8, 2011 at 5:01:43 pm

I created a clean install of Win 7 32bit and Vegas 11 32bit then ran the BCC704 32bit installer. With a "Complete" install the plugin shows up in Vegas and work correctly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]