BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Boris FX Chroma Key installation problems with Premiere CS4

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthias Cremer
Boris FX Chroma Key installation problems with Premiere CS4
on Oct 11, 2011 at 5:17:05 am

Dear forum,

I'm not able to install the BFX Chroma Key unit properly on my Windows Vista 32bit system. Although I downloaded the correct version and installed the whole package, the effects do not appear when I start Premiere, and they can't be found in my Adobe Premiere CS4 plugin folder. Where else can I find them? Is there any other way to make it work? I even tried to run the installation with administration rights- nothing changed.

Anyone any idea? ....

Thanx in advance

Matthias

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Boris FX Chroma Key installation problems with Premiere CS4
on Oct 11, 2011 at 12:12:28 pm

Hi Matthias,

The filter should be placed by the installer into the Adobe/Common/Plugins/Mediacore folder. Can you look to see if it's there? If the problem is that they are indeed installed into this location and they are not showing up in Premiere Pro CS4 then you can manually move them into the Premiere Pro plugin folder, restart Premiere Pro and see if that makes them available in the Premiere Pro UI.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Ellis
on Oct 11, 2011 at 4:44:23 pm

Hi Matthias,

Peter is correct. If they are not in that mediacore folder you would want to run the installer again and select Custom install rather than Complete. Doing so will allow you to first make sure that CS4 is selected and also set the install location if it is incorrect.

Thank You
Jeremy
Boris Support

Return to posts index

Matthias Cremer
on Oct 11, 2011 at 5:07:58 pm

Dear Peter, dear Jeremy,

thank you for your answers.

Solving the problem was at least not as difficult as I thought. For some reason the installer put all files on an external harddisk into a folder called "HOSTCS4DEST". I copied all files from that folder into Adobe/Common... - and now it works.

Bye
Matthias

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]