BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Strange error message in Boris Red

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike BoasStrange error message in Boris Red
by on Oct 5, 2011 at 8:04:58 pm

We just purchased Boris Red. Looking good, but there's one filter I'd like to use, "BCC DeGrain," which gives me an error message I can't decipher.

When I drop it onto my clip, the preview screen fills with the following:

"The filter attempted to get its source track at a different time. This is not supported in this version of the product. Use an alternate track for input if one is provided by the filter."

Anyone know anything about this? I'm using a DV avi, and I have my project set up appropriately. There is no "alternate track" to choose from. I've tried a dozen other filters, but they all seem to work. This is the only one with that error message.

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Strange error message in Boris Red
by on Oct 5, 2011 at 8:35:04 pm

You need to twirl open the DeGrain filter in the timeline until you see the track labelled Sample Layer. Then set the media well for the Sample layer to be the same as the track that you are filtering by clicking on the V1 button on the track and either selecting the media from the host or manually importing the media from the desktop.

Or, you can select the DeGrain filter to bring the filter parameters into the controls window, then go to the tab labelled Sample Controls and disable the option Use Sample Layer Track.

As an alternate choice to the DeGrain filter, you might also want to take a look at the Noise Reduction filter - it's a lot faster than the DeGrain filter.

I hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Mike BoasRe: Strange error message in Boris Red
by on Oct 5, 2011 at 8:51:37 pm

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved