BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris Red - Should I have Preview in Premiere?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Felder
Boris Red - Should I have Preview in Premiere?
on Oct 3, 2011 at 5:45:20 pm

Just upgraded to Boris Red, after recently buying Premiere.

Should I be able to see the effect in my Premiere Composition Window update while I make changes in the Boris Red interface? I've tried Cntrl- G but that doesn't seem to work.

thanks...

Ryan Video Productions Inc. Rockaway, NJ

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Boris Red - Should I have Preview in Premiere?
on Oct 3, 2011 at 6:24:58 pm

Hi Dave,

Well without knowing all of the details of your system, it's kind of difficult to provide you with an answer to your question.

I'd like to suggest, for the sake of expediency, that you drop a note over to our support group (support@borisfx.com) and one of the guys there will be able to help you set up RED so that you are seeing updated previews in the RED UI.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Dave Felder
on Oct 3, 2011 at 7:01:46 pm

Thanks Peter,

I guess I didn't ask my question clearly.

The image is updating in the RED UI properly. When I run RED inside Premiere, I can still see Premiere on my second monitor. The question I wanted to ask is should I be able to see the Premiere UI interface update, while I'm working in the RED timeline and my systems' focus is on RED, not Premiere? I was hoping that's what Ctrl-G or the "Update monitor" setting would be for.

Thanks....

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Oct 3, 2011 at 7:09:51 pm

Aha ... now I understand what you are looking for. Unfortunately the answer is no, this is not possible. If the RED UI is open then you will not see any of the adjustments made in RED in the Premiere Pro timeline until the RED UI is closed, or applied to the timeline.

The Update Monitor button is used to update or refresh the external client monitor display.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Dave Felder
on Oct 3, 2011 at 7:17:41 pm

Thanks Peter.

Dave...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]