BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Is there a way to to determine the way the boris renders GPU vs CPU??

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don CobbleIs there a way to to determine the way the boris renders GPU vs CPU??
by on Sep 30, 2011 at 9:43:12 pm

In Sony Vegas - When I render out chroma key with light wrap it triples my render time and drops my processor use to about 18 to 20 %. When I remove light Wrap the processor goes to 100% and cuts my render time by 2/3? As far as I can tell the GPU is not used in any of the render.
So I am wondering what it is about light wrap that has this effect on a render and is there a setting I need to set in Boris????
Thank U
dc

PC
I7 2.8 Ghz 8GB Ram
Win 7 Pro 64bit OS
PNY Quadro 4000

3-4 TB HD
Vegas Pro 9 32bit & Vegas Pro 9 64bit & Vegas 10 32bit & Vegas 10 64Bit

Camera
Sony EX1 shoot in 1920x1080 30P

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Is there a way to to determine the way the boris renders GPU vs CPU??
by on Oct 3, 2011 at 1:26:58 pm

Hi Don,

In order to provide you with the correct answer to your question, I'll need to ask you a question. Have you tried using other BCC filters and if so, do you see the same difference in CPU hit?

Regarding the GPU / CPU thing - most of the filters in BCC are CPU bound and do not use the GPU at all. In BCC 7, you will notice that there is a category of effects that is titled OpenGL ... all of the filters in this group rely totally on the GPU to render a result. There is also a category of filters titled 3D Objects and all of the filters that are in this group rely on the GPU to render. Other than that, they all use the CPU.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]