BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BORIS RED 4.3 - how do you partially rotate a still image

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john boltonBORIS RED 4.3 - how do you partially rotate a still image
by on Sep 26, 2011 at 12:02:10 pm

A work colleague asked me to help him with a feature on MAC BORIS RED 4.3. He wanted to slightly rotate a still image and also partially rotate a complete video track. As I use Sony Vegas, it is very easy to do it in that program, but I cannot find any answers of how to do this in BORIS. I can make a still image pan from one side to another and distort it and Zoom in and out but just can’t find the ROTATE part. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks John

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: BORIS RED 4.3 - how do you partially rotate a still image
by on Sep 26, 2011 at 1:27:20 pm

Hi John,

If you are using Boris RED in Sony Vegas Pro, then all you need to do is to apply Boris RED to the image that you want to affect, then enter into the Boris RED UI and you will see a control panel on the left of the monitor and a timeline window at the bottom with a composite viewer to the right. Select the image by clicking on the track in the Boris RED timeline window, then in the control panel you will notice a set of parameter control dials, which are labelled tumble x, spin y and rotate z. Adjust the rotate z parameter dial value to achieve the degree of rotation that you need - you can view the result in the composite window. Once you are satisfied with the result, click on the apply button to return to the Vegas Pro timeline.

Note that the Boris RED effect remains totally editable even after you have applied it o the Vegas Pro timeline.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

john boltonRe: BORIS RED 4.3 - how do you partially rotate a still image
by on Sep 26, 2011 at 1:32:13 pm

Hello.. many thanks.. The CONTROL window was not displayed so I did not know it existed........I looked in the WINDOWS help and it was unticked. So now I can see the Dials.. many thanks.. It is easy when you know how :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]