BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Major Problems Rendering Extruted Text

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rex PolanisMajor Problems Rendering Extruted Text
by on Sep 18, 2011 at 9:29:48 pm

I am trying to render a comp with BCC7 extruded text and spline to avc format for output to BluRay. Every time I render the comp the extruded text and spline drop in and out over several frames creating a flashing effect over the course of the comp. It should remain solid the entire time. I have tried restarting Vegas and my computer and rendered the comp several times but the same thing happens every time. Please help. Thank you

My System specs:
Windows 7 64
8 gigs of ram
Nvidia gtx 550ti
Sony Vegas Pro 10e

One man with courage makes a majority.

Canon 7D
Sony Vegas 10
Adobe PhotoShop

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Major Problems Rendering Extruted Text
by on Sep 20, 2011 at 3:57:39 pm

Hi Rex,

It sounds like a memory related issue but we can't be sure without more information. The first thing I would suggest would be to reduce the value in the Polygon Count parameter or maybe setting the antialiasing pop-up to good or draft. Perhaps if someone were to work with you on the phone we might be able to find a solution to the problem. Can you please call into out support group ... you an reach them toll free at 1 888 772 6747. Or if you prefer email, try

Return to posts index

Glass OnionRe: Major Problems Rendering Extruted Text
by on Sep 20, 2011 at 9:03:00 pm

I too get flashing frames with vegas 10 and boris 5. I updated my video card driver and it fixed the problem. Vegas & Boris still seem buggy and unreliable but at least now I stopped the flashing of wrong frames. Hope that helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved