BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Boris Soundbite doesn't index

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juan Morales
Boris Soundbite doesn't index
on Sep 14, 2011 at 9:22:44 am

Just downloaded and installed the trial version of Boris Soundbite on a fresh system install with FCP7, but strange enough it won't start the indexing by itself. No matter if I toggle "Enable indexing" a couple of times, it won't start. Tried uninstalling Soundbite and reinstalling, but with no results. What else could I try?

Return to posts index

Drew Lanham
Re: Boris Soundbite doesn't index
on Sep 14, 2011 at 1:26:51 pm

Can you check to see if you were connected to a power source? Boris Soundbite has a configuration setting in the preferences that is defaulted to not indexing if the computer is not connected to a power source. If you turn this setting off or if you plug in you should be able to index. If this is not the issue, please post more specifics about the format of the content or contact BorisFX technical support. Once you are able to index, I look forward to hearing your feedback.

Return to posts index

Gordon Lyon
on Sep 14, 2011 at 2:29:49 pm

If you're using a laptop, go to Boris Soundbite>Preferences>Advanced and make sure that the "Disable indexing while on battery power" is not checked.

Return to posts index

Juan Morales
on Sep 14, 2011 at 9:53:41 pm

It's a MacPro 3,1 so that's not the problem either...

Return to posts index

Juan Morales
on Sep 17, 2011 at 10:48:59 pm

Managed to index a whole hard drive, but FCP projects aren't working... What am I doing wrong?

Return to posts index

Jon Kozenko
on Sep 19, 2011 at 9:57:48 pm

Juan,

If this problem is happening with all FCP projects, do you think you can send me a copy of one of our FCP projects, as well as an XML from one of them? You can send it to support@borisfx.com. I shouldn't need any media - hopefully these files will contain information that will let us see the problem.

Also, can you give some base information as to the nature of the FCP project. Primarily, are the media files native Quicktime files (.mov) or are they another format, such as a native file-based format? If there are any other specifics to your FCP projects, such as consistent codecs or file formats, let me know.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]