BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

UpRez

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Ainscough
UpRez
on Aug 29, 2011 at 3:38:04 am

I'm looking for a good filter/tool that will allow me to upsize some SD footage so that it doesn't look too bad when integrated with my HD footage.

I've read reviews on UpRez and it does seem a little worky when used in FCP 7, the results I've seen are so so.

Other tools I'm looking at:

FxFactory Pro 6.x Upscale
Compressor + Video purifier
Instant HD

Seeking all input on this product?

Thanks, Rob

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: UpRez
on Aug 29, 2011 at 1:20:52 pm

Hi Rob,

From my perspective there isn't a better tool on the market than BCC UpRez. I did a lot of competitive analysis while we were developing this filter and can tell you for certain that no other software product on the market today can produce a result as good as BCC UpRez. The UpRez filter is available as a single filter on it's own, or as part of the entire BCC package of 200 filters.

But instead of taking my word for it, download the free trial version and try it for yourself. You can download the software for free from this link:

http://www.borisfx.com/downloads

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Rob Ainscough
on Aug 29, 2011 at 3:28:05 pm

Peter,

Thanks, will give the Trial version a go. Any issues with uninstalling Boris if I elect to not use it?

Thanks, Rob.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Aug 29, 2011 at 3:31:33 pm

Glad to hear it Rob. And should you decide that it's not for you, you can use the product uninstaller to completely remove the software from your system. If you need any assistance with either using or uninstalling the filter please feel free to drop me a note at peterm@borisfx.com.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Rob Ainscough
on Sep 6, 2011 at 1:58:29 am

Hi Peter,

I'm in the process of trying the Trial version but I seem to have run into a snag. I setup the FCP 7 just as you have outline in your online tutorial, but when I render the output from the "Master HD" sequence it spends about 57 minutes processing 2 minutes of footage and completes. But when I play in the timeline/sequence I still get the Needs Rendering message and have the red bar on top of the sequence timeline.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here? I'll try rendering the UpRez Source SD sequence and see if that solves this problem. But any hints are welcome :)

Thanks, Rob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]