BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Can't see any fonts listed in Font tab of Styles palette in Red 5

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter HonigCan't see any fonts listed in Font tab of Styles palette in Red 5
by on Aug 28, 2011 at 7:44:56 pm

Hi all. I am currently running Red 5.0.6 on Vista 64. When I view the tabs in the Styles palette, all function correctly except the Font tab (where I see no fonts listed). However, the fonts are accessable from the drop-down list in the Text composition palette. This happens with both the 32 and 64 bit versions of Red in both stand-alone and Vegas plugin modes.

Peter

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Can't see any fonts listed in Font tab of Styles palette in Red 5
by on Aug 29, 2011 at 1:41:07 pm

Hi Peter,

I think you can resolve this by creating a new style category. To do this, go to the Font tab in the Style Palette and then click on the Add Category button, which is just below the pop-up selector. Give it a name and click OK. All fonts on the system should then appear.

I hope this helps.

Peter.

Return to posts index

Peter HonigRe: Can't see any fonts listed in Font tab of Styles palette in Red 5
by on Aug 31, 2011 at 12:26:06 am

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your response. I am currently traveling and will try your suggestion this weekend.

Regards,
Peter

Return to posts index

Steve PankowRe: Can't see any fonts listed in Font tab of Styles palette in Red 5
by on Sep 2, 2011 at 11:13:01 pm

Has the font management changed any since ver. 3? I tend to break fonts down into separate categories (serif, san serif, etc.) but when I want to add new fonts, I'm forced to rebuild the entire category and then begin the tedious process of deleting the ones I don't want to keep.

RED being able to scan the OS font directory and comparing it against it only newly added fonts would be nice, thus not forcing a total rebuild each time.

Return to posts index

Peter HonigRe: Can't see any fonts listed in Font tab of Styles palette in Red 5
by on Sep 3, 2011 at 12:51:34 am

Thanks Peter. Your suggestion worked as described.

Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]