BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

RED5 missing fonts?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jaeson KoszarskyRED5 missing fonts?
by on Aug 3, 2011 at 6:36:43 pm

We're moving over from a Media100 G5 to a Media100 MacPro system. When I open a few older projects with RED comps & title tracks, RED complains that a font is missing. So I copy the font over from the G5 to the MacPro but RED still complains about the missing font. What's up?

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: RED5 missing fonts?
by on Aug 4, 2011 at 11:16:24 am

Hi Jaeson,

What is the missing font name? Did you use a font manager to install the font? Did you restart the system after installing the font?

RED 5, or any other version of RED for that matter, does not install any fonts - it simply reads from a list provided by the system.

If you have tried all of the above suggestions and still do not see the font then please get in touch with our support group and someone there will assist you in sleuthing the problem. You can reach them via email at

Return to posts index

Jaeson KoszarskyRe: RED5 missing fonts?
by on Aug 4, 2011 at 3:44:28 pm

I manually copied the fonts from the old G5 to the library/fonts folder on the new MacPro. I also tried using font book to install them.

PhotoShop apparently can't see the fonts either, so the problem isn't unique to RED5. I posted the question in the PS forum too but no replies yet.

Oddly, if I search for the fonts in the finder, it will not find them. If I go to library/fonts, they are there. Font Book sees them too.

I used Disk Utility to verify the permissions but that didn't correct the problem. I'm going to boot from the install disc and try a disk repair on the boot drive next.

Return to posts index

Jaeson KoszarskyRe: RED5 missing fonts?
by on Aug 4, 2011 at 5:18:05 pm

FWIW, repairing permissions and disk did not correct the font problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved