BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

sparkle effect match move

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Mcintire
sparkle effect match move
on Jul 31, 2011 at 2:55:51 pm

I want to put a sparkle effect on a ring using match move. When I do this it uses the entire frame of the photo,clip. It looks great just using as screen over the top of the main clip but when I put it below the main clip and use match move to track it I can't seem to use only the glimmer effect. How do I crop/clip the unwanted footage surronding the star/glimmer. Any tips are welcome.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: sparkle effect match move
on Aug 1, 2011 at 1:24:38 pm

HI,

Here's how to do it:

• Apply BCC Blint to the clip
• Set the Pixelchooser to On
• Set the Pixelchooser region to inside rectangle
• Position the rectangle over the ring in the clip
• Set the Glint Threshold parameter value to a high value, perhaps something like 85

The Glint should not be appearing only on the highlight of the ring. If the ring is moving in the image, then use the built-in Motion Tracker to lock the Pixelchooser region rectangle onto the ring.

I hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Robert Mcintire
on Aug 1, 2011 at 8:29:39 pm

i have not seen the blint effect. I only perchased the corner pinning and what came with it. I can get this by itself? I don't really have the money to put into more software right now.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Aug 1, 2011 at 8:41:45 pm

Aha ... well to do that you need the BCC Glitters Unit.

http://www.borisfx.com/units/glitters.php

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Robert Mcintire
on Aug 2, 2011 at 12:16:48 am

I tried the trial version before I bought corner pinning. Some of the add ons did not work(run time error when I tried to select them) I tried trial version agian and get the error again. I can't even try it to see if I want to buy it. I still don't see a blint but glint yes but as I said it won't work.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Aug 2, 2011 at 12:49:39 am

It's BCC Glint that you need, not Blint. :)

You should contact our support department if you are having trouble with the product trial installer. You can reach them via email at support@borisfx.com.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Robert Mcintire
on Aug 5, 2011 at 10:13:01 pm

Ok heres the update. I purchased the plugin and updated my video card driver and that fixed it from not working.
I followed your instructions but how do I move the rectangle around on the clip? I've used the track motion to track the ring but I'm not sure how to move the sparkle. one other thing I can still see a square around the sparkle, I just want the sparkle only appearing or it will look really fake. And can I shink it down more, its still just a little big I think.

Return to posts index

Robert Mcintire
on Aug 6, 2011 at 11:04:48 pm

I got it to work, looks pretty good but I will have to do some twicking to get it realistic looking.
thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]