BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

alpha channel problems with red 5.04 and adobe ppro 5.5

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob ramselaar
alpha channel problems with red 5.04 and adobe ppro 5.5
on Jul 31, 2011 at 7:50:20 am

when I use two video tracks in ppro5.5 and place a red 5 transition on one of the tracks I dont see the video track underneath the transition. The same happens with a title preset.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: alpha channel problems with red 5.04 and adobe ppro 5.5
on Aug 1, 2011 at 1:18:19 pm

Hi Rob,

Do you see both video tracks when you enter the RED custom UI? Or perhaps to rephrase this, are you seeing the same thing or a different thing when viewing the result in the Premiere Pro UI and the RED 5 UI?

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Rob Ramselaar
on Aug 1, 2011 at 2:28:45 pm

Hi Peter,when I place a transition on the ppro 5.5 timeline and click on custom in the effect window the red interface is there. I see in the preset window of red the animated V1 and V2. Sofar so good. I choose myself a transition or text animation and preview the transition in red there is only the black back ground.That only happens when I put a transition using video 1 and video 2 in ppro5.5. When I put a transition on just video 1 in ppro 5.5 between two clips on the same timeline then it works oké. the transition shows the end of clip a and the beginning of clip b as it should be.
As I wrote earlier I checked the alphachannel from both facetracks but nothing helped.I read the manual and there was a chapter in the guick start that I should ctr click on the transition and could then choose alphachannel. But as far as I know was that only in the early versions of premiere. I have by the way other screenshots.I forgot to tell that I was using red,had placed a transition and then rendered all the other presets. So now you see all the presets animated with a picture of the timline I used at that moment and a black background.
With kind regards Rob

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Aug 1, 2011 at 5:59:29 pm

Hi Rob,

I don't have a quick or ready answer for this but what I would like you to do is to send me your phone number and a good time to call you and I'll have one of our tech support gurus give you a quick call to step through this with you. It might be something simple that they would catch while going through building the effect with you. If this is okay, please send your number to me at peterm@borisfx.com. Or, if you prefer, just send them an email directly at support@borisfx.com or call them directly at 888 772 6747.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Oct 10, 2011 at 1:51:25 pm

Hi,

I seem to recall that there was a problem with the RED 5 Transition effect in Premiere Pro 5.5, and it's unclear to me whether or not this problem was on our end or if the problem was something that we could have resolved. You should make sure that you have the latest version of both Boris RED 5 and also Premiere Pro - if you do not then this is the first thing to do in order to attempt to resolve the issue.

Having said that, if you use the RED 5 Filter effect you should be able to achieve the same effect as you would have with the RED 5 Transition and I'm pretty sure that this worked without a hitch.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Rob Ramselaar
on Oct 10, 2011 at 7:37:48 pm

Hi peter,the problem is solved but my problem is not solved. I want to use a boris transition,with alpha channel,in videotrack two so that I can see videotrack one halfway the transition.But You made me understand that isn't possible exept when I use two clips on the same videotrack.

with kind regards Rob

Return to posts index

Karel Guzman
on Oct 16, 2011 at 12:15:59 pm

Hello folks,
I have the very same issue, I've even created a transparent video to see if it works adding boris effects to the video track nº2, on premiere cs5.5,(with alpha channel process) but... no luck!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]