BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Corner Pinning enigma - cannot rotate past 90 degrees

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Shaw
Corner Pinning enigma - cannot rotate past 90 degrees
on Jul 28, 2011 at 7:46:38 pm

I'm using BCC Corner Pinning in MC5.5.

The graphic is being pinned to fill a frame on an underlying track.

All is fine until the background frame twists from horizontal (landscape) to vertical: the pinned image then flips so that instead of being turned 90 degrees, it is upright again - portrait and squished in.

I've tried other graphics, other backgrounds - all do the same.

It was suggested it was a keyfreame problem - it occurs just dragging the corners to rotate the image, withoput keyframes.

Why? What is the cure. Is there a property I've missed? I cannot see one, but...

Help appreciated - thanks!!

Mike

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Corner Pinning enigma - cannot rotate past 90 degrees
on Jul 28, 2011 at 8:15:13 pm

Hi Mike,

I just reproduced the issue on my system. Very odd alright - I'm not sure why this is happening or if this is something that is under our control but I'll bring the issue to engineering and ask.

Meanwhile, as a workaround, you might want to pre-rotate the image using BCC DVE, then use the BCC Corner Pin filter to pin the rotated result.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Michael Shaw
on Jul 28, 2011 at 9:07:24 pm

Thanks Peter. I'll try what you suggest (but I have to admit - I am very new - and raw - with MC and BCC effects). I wonder if rotating the image first will work though - I actually need t rotate the picture (the background frame is being turned around) through nearly 180 degrees. I had thought of reshooting the sequence - but the logistics of it all ... and the continuity breaks ...

Perhaps using rotate in conjunction with the corner pinning ...

Mike

Return to posts index

Michael Shaw
on Aug 2, 2011 at 9:52:44 am

Peter - I found an alternative effect with Corner Pinning as a feature which works OK - Avid 'Blend' effect - and I'm using that at the moment.

However, BCC Corner Pin would be better for future use - will there be a patch to correct the problem? If so, would it be possible to let me know when the patch is available? Thanks.

(I think I am one version behind (6) the current version btw - so hopefully that version would be patched as well - assuming V7 exhibits the same problem...!)

Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]