BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

how do I create a lower reflection of a 3d extrusion

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rex Polanishow do I create a lower reflection of a 3d extrusion
by on Jul 26, 2011 at 2:27:55 pm

I am using Boris 3d extruded spline and I want to create a reflection below a rotating rectangle. I tried duplicating the track and vertically flipping it but it just doesn't look right as it rotates. What can i do to make this work or is this not possible in Sony Vegas?

One man with courage makes a majority.

Canon 7D
Sony Vegas 10
Adobe PhotoShop

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: how do I create a lower reflection of a 3d extrusion
by on Jul 26, 2011 at 5:10:47 pm

To make the rotate around it's center axis without a wobble, you should set the built-in camera to orbit mode and animate the orbit spin parameter.

I hope this helps.

Peter.

Return to posts index

Rex PolanisRe: how do I create a lower reflection of a 3d extrusion
by on Jul 26, 2011 at 7:36:10 pm

Thank you for the reply. I already tried that and it does the same thing. The problem is the bottom reflection doesn't stay perpendicular to the main image. The corners always touch halfway through the rotation. There has to be a way to do this...

Canon 7D
Sony Vegas 10
Adobe PhotoShop

Return to posts index

Rex PolanisRe: how do I create a lower reflection of a 3d extrusion
by on Aug 12, 2011 at 2:48:37 am

Ok, I figured out how to do this (see example below). I am using Sony Vegas Pro 10, and of course, Boris Continuum Complete 7.

Follow John Rafrano's youtube tutorial for BCC 7 Extruded Spline for Sony Vegas but do these additional steps to achieve the reflection. Once you've created the rectangle spline duplicate the track making sure it is below the original track you are duplicating.

Now go to the fx view of the track you just added and lower it's position in the transforms setting "Position X/Y" to something like "0.50, -0.10".

Now click the event pan/crop icon in the event you added and right click on the image or logo you added and select "flip vertical". This flips the image or logo upside down and creates the mirrored image illusion.

Next, set the opacity for the lower track to about 40%. You should be done by this step.

Since you copied the first tracks rotation (I used the built it camera to create the rotation by key framing the orbit from 90 at time 0 to -90 at 10 seconds in) they should both move in unison.

For the internet address at the end; I used the BCC 7 Type on text effect and again I duplicated the track but I changed the "X rotation" setting in the duplicated track to -190 and lowered the position in the "Position X/Y" setting.

I hope this helps anyone else trying to achieve this effect.

Canon 7D
Sony Vegas 10
Adobe PhotoShop

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]