BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

AVID to AE Transfer not working

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ralph Jean-PierreAVID to AE Transfer not working
by on Jul 20, 2011 at 3:00:14 am

I just downloaded and installed a trial version of Boris AE Transfer 3.0.1. And for the past 3 hours, I can't get it to work. I have a sequence that consists of subclips that were created using Media Composer's AutoSync feature. The footage is XDCAM EX 35mb.

I follow the tutorials and exported the sequence using the basic settings in AVID, I even tried consolidating, transcoding, and copying the media.

The problem is...when I get into AE, it will not import the footage. I can get the Audio but not the footage. I get one of two errors,

After Effects error: file 'Volumes' cannot be imported -- folder contains no files.

After Effects error: file 'XXX.mxf' cannot be imported -- this 'MXF' file is damaged or unsupported.

At first I thought it was Codec issues, but AE is suppose to import XDCAM, so when i transcode to DNxHD, I get the same errors.

I'm using...Avid MC 5.0.2 and After Effects CS5 10.0

Any help or thoughts would be AMAZING!!

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: AVID to AE Transfer not working
by on Jul 20, 2011 at 3:01:01 pm

Hi Ralph,

The version of Boris Transfer software that you are using is not up to date. We released v 3.0.3 on Monday of this week - you are using v 3.0.1. One of the issues that was specifically addressed with the 3.0.3 release was the "Volumes" error that you encountered.

With that, I'd like to suggest that you download and install the 3.0.3 version of Transfer AE and try reimporting the sequence. If you are still having problems with the transferred sequence, please feel free to contact one of our tech support gurus via email at They would be more than happy to assist you with this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved