BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC Sony Vegas / missing effects

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stewart BourkeBCC Sony Vegas / missing effects
by on Jul 17, 2011 at 11:38:58 am

Boris BCC7 / Sony Vegas 10e

Sometime ago I raised a question about some effects not present in BCC7 for Vegas. One of them is the 2D particle system, and it is an effect I would like to use for a number of projects.

At the time I believe Peter undertook to find out why some of the particle effects were not included in BCC for Sony. Would it be possible to get an answer - from the demo reels for BCC for other NLEs they look pretty impressive, and I would really like to know why the units are not included?

Thank you

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: BCC Sony Vegas / missing effects
by on Jul 18, 2011 at 1:59:58 pm

Hi Stewart,

A decision was made that the filters which you mentioned were not going to be included for BCC 7 in Sony Vegas Pro because it was felt that they would not be all that useful in that particular host. You message regarding their absence provides contradictory evidence to that opinion and with that, I'll start an internal discussion to see if they can be added to the filter package for that host.

Meanwhile, you can find the missing filters as a part of Boris RED, which is available for Sony Vegas and can be downloaded from our web site.

Return to posts index

Dave HaynieRe: BCC Sony Vegas / missing effects
by on Aug 23, 2011 at 8:13:10 pm

Just one more data point... I've been doing quite unusual amounts of mixed media animation in Vegas, leaning fairly heavy on BCC7 for effects, and would definitely use the 2D particle filter.

I do realize that the Vegas port was new, and that if I had to wait for every effect to be ported, I'd still be waiting -- you do have to prioritize.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved