BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC7 Extrude Text in Vegas 10.0e

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Gyori
BCC7 Extrude Text in Vegas 10.0e
on Jul 15, 2011 at 2:23:07 am

I have an EPS file that BCC7 won't extrude properly.... For a few of the letters, it doesn't draw the inner circle properly... it ignores the hole in one 'e' and another hole in a 'd'. Is this a bug? Is there any way to attach a file in this forum?

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: BCC7 Extrude Text in Vegas 10.0e
on Jul 15, 2011 at 7:37:33 pm

Hi,

You might want to open the Illustrator file (In Adobe Illustrator) and make sure that all of the text has been converted to outlines. If this is the case then make sure that letters like o, d, e etc are using compound paths for the inner circle. And make sure that you save the file out in Illustrator 8 format - this is very important.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Michael Gyori
on Jul 16, 2011 at 12:23:27 am

I made sure that all those letters have compound paths and no weird shapes. They look like any other letter than has been drawn correctly. I've saved both in Illustrator 8 and 10 formats... both seem to output the same.

Return to posts index

Robert St-Onge
on Jul 16, 2011 at 3:10:39 pm

I have the same problem with the BCC Extruded Text in Vegas 10,
using it with extrusion depth and bevel amount set to 0 and polygon count set to 80, just basic 2D Arial Black text, it ignores the hole in the e.

At size 36, the problem occurs and having the font size set to 48 and the problem is solved.

I need to use the master scale in order to make the text smaller and the letters displqy fine.

Return to posts index

Michael Gyori
on Jul 17, 2011 at 7:42:56 am

Thanks for the suggestion. I just scaled the whole EPS and the letters are now rendered correctly. Thanks.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Jul 18, 2011 at 12:53:12 pm

Good news - very happy to hear that you were able to solve the issue by scaling the Illustrator original before importing into BCC. I hope this information helps anyone else that may run across this problem.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]