BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

creating a FC Pro effect in Avid with Boris

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julian Semilian
creating a FC Pro effect in Avid with Boris
on Jul 6, 2011 at 5:07:05 pm

Hello,

Thanks for looking into this. I recently started using Avid again after years of Final Cut Pro There is an effect in FC called Indent which I need to use. I have BCC 3 on my Avid.

Also, I am looking for something similar to Color Emboss.

I am using MC5 on a MacBook Pro 10.6.6 and 3.06 Intel Core 2 Duo Processor.

Many thanks,

Julian Semilian

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: creating a FC Pro effect in Avid with Boris
on Jul 7, 2011 at 12:20:38 am

Hi Julian,

For Indent you can find a matching result if you use BCC Bump Map. You'll probably only need to adjust the filters bump height parameter for most clips.

For Color Emboss, you can get a match if you use BCC Emboss. Select the OverlayOnOriginal preset from the factory installed presets and you should be good to go.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Julian Semilian
on Jul 7, 2011 at 12:35:02 am

Thank you, Peter!

I will try these tomorrow and send you a message on how it worked. Much appreciated!

All the best,

Julian

Return to posts index

Julian Semilian
on Jul 7, 2011 at 6:31:29 pm

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the suggestions. The Bump Map worked like a charm and I had immense fun playing with the controls. I did get the effect I wanted, and much better than I expected.

Regarding "BCC Emboss. Select the OverlayOnOriginal preset from the factory installed preset": I could not find the OverlayOnOriginal preset. As I mentioned I have BCC 5. Is it possible it is not on it?

All the best,

Julian

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Jul 7, 2011 at 6:59:56 pm

Hi Julian,

I'm glad that worked out for you. I've uploaded the preset that I mentioned in my post, which may have been from a more recent version of the software - you can download it here:

http://f1.creativecow.net/2536/preset-emboss-filter?uploaded=file

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Julian Semilian
on Jul 7, 2011 at 11:02:06 pm

Dear Peter,

Thank you profusely! I really appreciate it. I will give you a report tomorrow.

All the best,

Julian

Return to posts index

Julian Semilian
on Jul 8, 2011 at 6:35:25 pm

Hi Peter,

It worked like a charm. Thanks again.

I am in the process of moving all my projects to Avid from FC. I had already created a large number of files in FC using Indent and Color Emboss. But what I can do with Boris looks delightfully better. So, I am re-doing all that work now with Boris in Avid. Fortunately, I don't have a strict timeline, I make experimental movies with lots of effects and layering. I spent many years in my career as an editor cutting on film. Then in the nineties moved to Avid, after which I began teaching editing at the University of North Carolina School of Filmmaking. I started using FC for my own experimental projects but in the last few weeks moved back to Avid. I am very grateful to Boris for creating such wonderfully imaginative effects, allowing me to make the sorts of projects I have only dreamed about all my wife but couldn't make because the technology wasn't there, of if it was, would have been cost-prohibitive.

All the best to you,

Julian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]