BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BCC 7 install problem on Adobe CS5

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raymond OrrBCC 7 install problem on Adobe CS5
by on Jun 25, 2011 at 4:57:13 pm

Hello all,

I have downloaded the latest trial version of BCC 7 from the Boris FX site and cannot seem to get Premiere Pro CS5 to find it.

I can see a folder in the Program Files (x86) path, but nothing in the Program FilesAdobeCommonPluginsCS5MediaCore where the other plugins reside.

I have installed as Admin, attempted both the "custom" install and the "complete" install but nothing changes. Any help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Raymond OrrRe: BCC 7 install problem on Adobe CS5
by on Jun 26, 2011 at 1:20:02 pm

I think I have resolved this one.

When I selected the "complete" install method the installer apparently picked the HD with the largest available space, which was my external Raid array where my project and video files are kept. Installer created a folder named "hostcs5dest" and one named "hostcs55dest" to place all the plugins.

I then simply copied the files in the ...cs5... folder into my plug-ins folder on the c: drive and all appears to be working.

I do not know why the "custom" install method did not appear to place any files in the plugin location on c: drive as I specified. I obviously didn't provide the appropriate instructions to the installer.

Having installed thousands of programs over the past 20 years I thought I would have been able to understand this one. Shows what I know!

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: BCC 7 install problem on Adobe CS5
by on Jun 30, 2011 at 1:54:33 pm

Hi Raymond,

We're taking a look at this internally to see if this is an installer issue and something we need to correct.

Thanks for letting us know of your experience and I'm glad that you were able to figure it out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved