BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

BCC Motion filter-Pesky fly!

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Heather Gulledge
BCC Motion filter-Pesky fly!
on Jun 24, 2011 at 6:31:28 pm

Winding down a project and noticed a flying bug trying to steal the spotlight from the girl in my footage. Footage was shot at night and this bug just seems to glow as it swoops in front of her. I thought maybe the BCC Motion Filter would do the job. I have watched tutorials on this filter but having never used this before I am doing something wrong. Can anyone recommend a tutorial or walkthrough on this filter. Or perhaps offer other advice for getting rid of small fast moving objects when you have no time to re-film. The tutorials I watched showed them removing a car and seagulls...can anything be done with something as small a a bug?

Please have mercy on this FCP newcomer. Any help, direction or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Heather

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: BCC Motion filter-Pesky fly!
on Jun 24, 2011 at 7:02:24 pm

Hi Heather,

All you need to do is to set the size and then keyframe the area selection box so that it is always covering the fly you can split the clip if you need to and only apply the filter to the split portion of the clip.) Then switch the mode pop-up from set-up region to remove area and you should be good to go. You might have to adjust the value in the replacement range parameter so that the filter is looking forward and behind by enough frames to find pixels to fill in the fly correctly.

Here's a link to a tutorial, and although this shows using the the Avid host, the technique is pretty much the same:

http://www.borisfx.com/tutorials/motion_key.php

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Heather Gulledge
on Jul 28, 2011 at 3:13:51 pm

I think perhaps that the motion filter is not working right. I am able to set up the area and am able to key exactly 3 times before I am unable to move the center crosshair or key anything else. What I am able to key looks perfect and I know that if I was able to finish the whole little segment I would not see a bug at all. I don't know what the problem is and know too little to troubleshoot at this point.

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
on Jul 28, 2011 at 3:28:39 pm

Hi Heather,

That sounds really odd - there is no built-in restriction in the filter and you should be able to generate as many keyframes as you need to complete the task.

Would you like someone from our support team to call you and walk you through this? If so, please send me your phone number and the best time to call and I'll ask one of the technicians to call you. You can send that to me at peterm@borisx.com.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]