BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

3D Character rotaion in BCC, RED, or BLUE?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul James Chatman3D Character rotaion in BCC, RED, or BLUE?
by on Jun 18, 2011 at 12:12:38 pm

Can BCC, RED or BLUE do individual 3D character rotation? Like I show in this video using BluffTitler Pro DX9 v8?

I know it can do the last one, but not the FIRST one or the second.

hello

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: 3D Character rotaion in BCC, RED, or BLUE?
by on Jun 20, 2011 at 1:39:27 pm

Yes, this can indeed be done using Boris RED by following these steps:

• generate the desired text
• select the text shape track and then from the pulldown menu select Shape>Convert to Container ... this action breaks all the letters up into individual tracks which are automatically nested into a 3D Container and each nested track can be subject to tumble, spin, rotate in 3D space.

• In BCC you can rotate individual characters in 3D space but no character level tumble or spin.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Paul James ChatmanRe: 3D Character rotaion in BCC, RED, or BLUE?
by on Jun 21, 2011 at 9:03:33 pm

Thanks!!

hello

Return to posts index

Paul James ChatmanRe: 3D Character rotaion in BCC, RED, or BLUE?
by on Jun 22, 2011 at 9:24:59 am

Hm...I was looking to rotate all the letters on the Y axis at the same time, like in the video. Why do I seem to recall seeing this done in RED???

hello

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: 3D Character rotaion in BCC, RED, or BLUE?
by on Jun 23, 2011 at 2:05:45 pm

What you are remembering is that the 3D tumble, spin, rotate text controls, which are accessible by clicking on the face track (labelled "text" when you twirl open the extruded text track) will indeed provide the ability to rotate each character on it's own axis as a group.

The problem with this is that the pivot point for tumble is set to the baseline of the text and you can't alter that. To get the results that you are looking for I would still suggest that you break the block of text into individual characters and perform the tumble / spin / rotate using the main track controls.

I'll take your question as a feature request though and see what we can do to make possible the effect that you have in mind without having to break up the text into separate tracks.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]