BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Export X/Y data from motion tracker / SVP10

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stewart BourkeExport X/Y data from motion tracker / SVP10
by on Jun 17, 2011 at 12:54:12 pm

Boris BCC7 / SVP10c, WIn XP SP3

Is it possible to export the X/Y data from the motion tracker in BCC7 running in Vegas?

I use particle illusion for some effects and I would like to try importing the X/Y data from BCC7 into PI. At present, I render my effect in PI, and then match-move it to the motion-tracked event in BCC, but it means that if I want to change anything I have to go back into PI, re-renter then back to Vegas...

Thanks,

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Export X/Y data from motion tracker / SVP10
by on Jun 17, 2011 at 1:55:58 pm

Hi,

You might actually be able to do that with the BCC motion tracking data. To test this, you should use the BCC filter of choice and track your subject, then click on the save button in the motion tracker pop-up in the filter control panel and save the data to the desktop. From there you should be able to import the xy offset data from the saved motion tracker file into any application that can use it.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Stewart BourkeRe: Export X/Y data from motion tracker / SVP10
by on Jun 17, 2011 at 1:58:43 pm

Peter,

Excellent start - I'll have a go and let you know.

Thanks,

Return to posts index

by on Jun 17, 2011 at 6:13:31 pm

Peter,

That was perfect - thank you. I never saw that option - I assumed all the 'saving' options were for templates....

On a related note - I notice in the list of effects present in the different host versions of BCC that most of the particle-based effects are not available in the Vegas version - do you plan to release them, or is this a limitation of Vegas?

Many thanks again.

Return to posts index

Stewart BourkeRe: Export X/Y data from motion tracker / SVP10 - particle Illusion - works well
by on Jun 17, 2011 at 6:37:14 pm

Just in case anybody is interested - the position data exported from the Boris motion tracker is interpreted by Particle Illusion.

Once you export the position data from BCC's motion tracking, just remove the OFX header lines in the file - PI does not seem to like thme - make the first line in the file the first position data...

Standards - don't you just love 'em...

Return to posts index

peter mcauleyRe: Export X/Y data from motion tracker / SVP10
by on Jun 17, 2011 at 6:43:16 pm

Hi Stewart,

Glad that info helped.

You could actually use the BCC Particle System included with RED 5 in Sony Vegas Pro, from within RED of course, which would enable you to do all of that work while remaining within the Vegas timeline.

Many particle based effects are indeed included with BCC for Vegas Pro, such as Snow, Rain, 3D Image Shatter, Clouds, Comet, Sparks etc. As to why the BCC Particle System filter itself was not included with BCC 7 for Vegas Pro ... I'm not quite sure, but I'm looking into that and will provide an answer as soon as that becomes clear to me.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 17, 2011 at 10:19:30 pm

Peter,

I had a look at Red previously, and decided at the time to purchase BCC for Vegas - and I am very happy with it. Unfortunately I am finding it a bit difficult to justify the price for Red given that the majority of Red is also included in BCC already - I would be purchasing a lot of the effects for a second time... (that being said - as a developer I understand that you guys need to eat as well, and I do respect your right to set your pricing policy)

Now perhaps if the upgrade pricing could apply to BCC7 users adding in Red then maybe I might be tempted!! Any such offers available?

Return to posts index

by on Jun 21, 2011 at 5:25:31 pm

Peter,

Did you get a chance to check up on the particle effects not present in BCC?

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]